Menu
Forum Team
Message 11 of 76 (382 Views)

Re: Rubbish speeds in Norwich NR5

Hi mike_, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, that doesn't look to healthy does it. I'm sorry to see there has been no improvement. A request for more information has been put across to networks and we're waiting on a response. 

The next update is due 21/11/2014 so hopefully we'll have more information after this time. Please give the thread a bump then and we'll take another look. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 12 of 76 (372 Views)

Hi Emma,

It's the 21st. Have there been any updates?

Regards,
Mike
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 13 of 76 (353 Views)

Hi mike_, 

Thanks for getting back to me, I've had a look and it seems the work Jen mentioned in her post to you in October has unfortunately been pushed back.

The planning team are still looking into the best way of getting this implemented, but have not given us a date as to when this will take place. 

We should have more news on this after 31/12/2014, please give this thread a bump after this time and we'll be able to get an update for you. 

I'm sorry I don't have more news on this. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 14 of 76 (343 Views)

Any news?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 76 (325 Views)

Hi mike_,

The latest is a review date of 29/04/2015.  I'm sorry to say the work has fallen back again, the networks team are hoping to get something done during the first half of this year, but there aren't any firm dates just yet.

Make sure you're still calling in for credits and give us a bump in a few weeks to see if there's anything else showing by then.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 76 (318 Views)

Mike,

Just to let you know your thread has not been in vain. I've spent the last hour browsing through hundreds of other threads like this and I am yet to find one where any "network" work has been done on the initial date specified. All of them seem to have a point in common where the upgrade is a few months away from initial fault, it gets pushed back, it gets pushed back again and before you know it it's nine months down the line.

So I am taking the date I have been given on my own thread with a pinch of salt and will be sorting out a different broadband provider.

Tuning in
Message 17 of 76 (312 Views)

Have you tried reporting this to Ofcom the telecomms regulator/ombudsman as bottom lne whats being sdvertised/Sold is not what is being delivered. Also you should be getting a credit until the issues are resolved.

Fibre optic
Message 18 of 76 (284 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm honestly on the verge of cancelling this. I've put up with five months of abysmal performance, and it's slowly getting worse. It's now at the point where I can't even stream iPlayer, which needs just 2800Kbps for an HD stream. Even low bandwidth applications like gaming are unusable as the latency is so erratic. BT can offer me 30Mbps on Infinity and a constant 30Mbps is so enticing compared to my supposedly 152Mb connection that can't even deliver a few megabits at the times of day I want to use it.

Fibre optic
Message 19 of 76 (257 Views)

Any news?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 76 (248 Views)

Hi mike_,

There aren't any further updates since my last post I'm afraid.

Sorry that the issue is ongoing, we are working to get this sorted out for you asap.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos