Menu
grumpydaddy
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Router Firmware question

I have spoken to a number of different departments so this question is, at their suggestion, directed at the Firmware team.

I realise that I am likely a minority of one or at least a very small number but I guess that what I need to know is whether there is a hard limit on the number of concurrent TCP connections built into the firmware of SH2 and SH3 that is not present in SH1 when in modem mode and whether this is by design or not. .....or in other words whether or not I can hope for a fix when SH4 comes along.

Details of the problem I see are here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Tech-Chatter/VM-Pleeeease-just-a-modem/td-p/3310591

If the Hub/Firmware is not the issue then I guess I need to be talking to the security team as the limit must be imposed at their end.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Firmware question

I believe I saw someone else ask this around a month ago and the response came back as a no, no limit.

Ahh just found it again and it was a reply to you Smiley Tongue no difference in any limit across the hubs was the reply.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
grumpydaddy
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Could have been me even but I was instructed on the phone that I need to specifically ask the Firmware team on here.
I think that previous answer related to the settings seen at the VM end of things but I admit I am not entirely clear which is a user answer and which a VM answer
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A VM representative has a VM logo next to their name and either of the following titles:

Forum Team
Community Lead (rarely will see this one, but that's the one that replied to you last time)

They all also have the greyscale face pictures along with the other stuff ^

Users are anything else.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Vivid-200-Gamer-connections/m-p/3308572#M144624

That was the last thread / reply in there that you posted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos