Menu
BRYYAN
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Rip off Virgin media speeds.

Service still crap, this company continues to rip us off, they are laughing at us mugs for putting up as in my case speeds of 0.2 Mbps. Sick of them fobbing me off with every excuse under the sun, the worst one being, "it's not our fault there are too many online at the same time.", bloody cheek of them.  Trying at this moment to stream in Area1, a live football but all I get is constant shutdowns and buffering. The speed at present using an Ethernet connection is 0.4 Mbps. Anyone who signs up to Virgin media after reading these posts must be mad. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rip off Virgin media speeds.

.. or you could say that anyone, like yourself, that didn't take the opportunity to end their pain,using the last price increase, are mad.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Definately have to agree there Ernie.

Perfect opportunity to leave penalty free, could even line another provider up to start as VM finishes.

If people still stayed and have problems it's kinda silly.

@BRYYAN

How did your complaint to your local MP go. I admit I pay attention to politics a bit (and even watch the parliment channel in the morning as nothing else is on!) and I haven't seen anything yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
mrpops2ko
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was a day outside of leaving and they wouldn't let me leave. Tried to leave November first and the cut off was the day before.

I'm definitely gone in 7 months. Virgin Media are great if you aren't a peak time user. Then you'll always appear to have the highest speeds. Unfortunately during peak times it slows to a crawl.

Really unfortunate.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

..then you missed the penalty-free cancellation date that was clearly stated in the email or letter that you received about the price increase.

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There are peak time utilisation faults all over Area 01 (former Telewest in NW England) some of the faults have been ongoing since 2014 with nothing done. There are clearly big problems in getting this area up to scratch.

I'm still with VM because BT based fibre isn't available to me yet, but i'm checking every day in the hope it will be.