Menu
wyvernred
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Right to cancel my contract within 30 days?

Hi
I'm wondering if I have the right to cancel my broadband and homephone contract with virgin media within a 30 day grace period?

I mention this as my broadband speeds go constantly up and down In the evening (eg more than half of the up to 50mb, and the router drops out, and i feel I'm not getting what I am paying for.

I mention this as its nearly been 1 month since I had my broadband services installed by virgin media.

Your help would be deeply appreciated.

Many thanks
0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Right to cancel my contract within 30 days?

14 days I think .....

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html#e...

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If there's an ongoing fault with your broadband and Virgin Media have issued you with a reference number and a review date you may be able to leave at any time. Ring them in 150 from your landline and follow the options until you get to the 'thinking of leaving us option'. 

https://www.cable.co.uk/guides/how-do-i-cancel-virgin-media-broadband/

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As has already been stated.  If there is a known issue in your area and a fix is not forthcoming then you have the right to leave mid contract without penalty.  You will need to speak to the cancellations team in order to get this arranged.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos