Menu
ChrisShaw
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Ridiculouly slow Vivid broadband service

I have, yet again, been in contact with technical support regarding slow download speeds and buffering.  My Vivid 100Mbps has never come close to delivering these speeds at peak times; regularly it is down to 2 to 8 Mbps which is, quite simply, ridiculous given the cost of the service.  This has been the situation ever since being foolish enough to subscribe to the service over 2 years ago.

It certainly seems to be a network traffic overload issue given that I can get close to advertised speeds at stupid hours of the night and morning when network traffic is significantly lower.  I have been told of service upgrades to servers in the area (area 31, Tring, Herts) but the dates quoted for completion of these works are continually being put back; the service remains entirely unreliable and unsatisfactory.  TiVo is a waste of space with similar buffering issues at peak times and so sits gathering dust virtually redundant.  

Am I able to cancel my service mid-contract given that VirginMedia has failed to deliver an acceptable service and one that fails to come close to that for which I have paid?  Quite simply, they have taken money for services that they have been unable to provide and, it would appear, are fully aware of their inability.

Any thoughts on how to move this issue forward would be gratefully received.

0 Kudos
efsb
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ridiculouly slow Vivid broadband service

I'm in a similar situation - "upgraded" to Hub 3.0 - paying for 200 meg Vivid broadband, getting speeds of between 1-2 meg. Absolutely dreadful. Phone calls to support just fob me off with "There's work going on in your area" - when nothing shows as remiss in the current service status. My patience is wearing thin.

0 Kudos