Menu
active851
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Refund

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I go about getting a refund for the broadband service that I'm paying for and not getting?

I'm allegedly supposed to get up to 200Mbps but I'm lucky if it gets up to 5 when I need to use it between 6 and 11 pm - I'm in area 20.

I've logged this with the helpdesk who fiddled around and got me an extra 1Mbps (woo hoo) and they tell me that its a concurrent user issue that has already been reported which doesn't help me much.

Just checked again now (10.30pm) and I'm currently getting a download speed of 865.5 KB/s. I could drive to work and print and collect the hard copy of the document I need in a shorter time....

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Refund

Dont bother with 150 they will just give you with a load of lies and try and claim the problem is with you.

Best to wait for some one to get in touch with you from the forum they can check to see if your segment is overloaded and then give you the fault an inturn the credit for a bad service..

They will keep selling their broadband service and it will take years to fix so it dont take a rocket scientist to work out its only going to get worse..

Nimbah101
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I usually speak to retentions or tech support and ask for credit for impacted service. 

All Replies
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Dont bother with 150 they will just give you with a load of lies and try and claim the problem is with you.

Best to wait for some one to get in touch with you from the forum they can check to see if your segment is overloaded and then give you the fault an inturn the credit for a bad service..

They will keep selling their broadband service and it will take years to fix so it dont take a rocket scientist to work out its only going to get worse..

Nimbah101
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I usually speak to retentions or tech support and ask for credit for impacted service. 

active851
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Here's an update - spoken to VM who tell me that there is a fault (Ref F004213224) to be 'completed' on 25th Jan at 0930 so:

17:16:00:Hi, I currently pay for up to 200Mbps but at the times I need to use it (between 6pm and 11pm) I'm lucky if I can get 5
17:16:53Kailash:Hi 
17:17:04:Hi Kailash
17:17:33Kailash:I am sorry to know that, however I will surely assist you with the slow speed broadband connection.
17:18:35:Thanks - I've logged this problem a couple of months ago and after one of your colleagues assisted and changed some settings on my equipment it was only boosted by 1Mbps
17:19:00:I was told that its an issue of too many users trying to access at once - is this still the case?
17:20:50Kailash:I have tested the connection in your area and I can see that there is an upgrade happening in your area due to which you might face issues with slow speeds during peak hours.
17:21:10:Do you know when the upgrade is due to be finished please?
17:21:28Kailash:The estimated completion date given by the engineer is 25/01/17 by 09.30 AM.
17:21:51:can you give me the fault reference number please?
17:24:09Kailash:Yes I will provide you with the reference number F004213224.
17:24:40Kailash:I will raise a request for the credit to be applied on your bill due to  fault. It will reflect in next generated bill.
17:25:15Kailash:I do understand that it is very difficult to manage with a slow speed internet, however be rest assured that the engineering team is working to get the work completed as soon as possible.

Now - a quick seach on the forum tells me that this fault has been open since at least feb 2016:
So I asked for a rolling credit:

Kailash:I am sorry we do not apply rolling credit, however if the issue continues for next month you will have to come back for the credit to be applied.
17:32:51Kailash:The credit applied on the account is £12.50.

I then asked for my credit to be backdated as the fault has been around for at least 12 months and I've been affected since at least then

17:34:04:I see that this fault has been open since at least February 2016. Please apply the credit from this date.
17:36:20Kailash:I am sorry I will not be able to apply the back dated credit on the account.
17:36:55Kailash:As the system will not allow me to do it.

Will someone from VM contact me here? 
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The forum team take between 1-2 weeks to reply from the date of your last post on the thread.

The fix date is not a fix date it is a review date. The offshore supports scripts are dire and wrong.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

active851 wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I go about getting a refund for the broadband service that I'm paying for and not getting?

I'm allegedly supposed to get up to 200Mbps but I'm lucky if it gets up to 5 when I need to use it between 6 and 11 pm - I'm in area 20.

I've logged this with the helpdesk who fiddled around and got me an extra 1Mbps (woo hoo) and they tell me that its a concurrent user issue that has already been reported which doesn't help me much.

Just checked again now (10.30pm) and I'm currently getting a download speed of 865.5 KB/s. I could drive to work and print and collect the hard copy of the document I need in a shorter time....

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy