Menu
jdch
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Recently - Very slow peak time speeds and high pings - Area 30 LE10

Hello,

Recently we've been experiencing extremely slow speeds from around 7pm - 11pm each night, anything ranging from 0.4MB - 6MB on a 70MB connection.

Fine during off peak, and i'd say that this week is the first i've actually noticed it impacting streaming anything. I'm not sure if it's over utilisation, or some other fault, as my connection is usually rock solid (and doesn't usually drop below 50, or at least didn't until this week!) it seems to have fallen below acceptable/usable levels.

For example - today at 12:20 

Today at 20:24:

The different VM test servers produce the same result.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
jdch
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recently - Very slow peak time speeds and high pings - Area 30 LE10

...aaaannddd its 20:30 again

..at least the ping hasn't died... yet.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jdch,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F005043814). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 22nd Feb.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jdch
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Any update on this?

Noticed a slight improvement toward the end of Feb, but now it appears to have fallen back to how bad it was before after 7 until around 10:30 - if someone is streaming it completely dies for everyone else.

Offering "faster speeds" again; what is the point if you can't even get the basics working?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jdch,

Thanks for posting back here.

I've taken a look at the fault ticket for high traffic in your area (F004529419) and our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 20th September.

Apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jdch
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Samantha, Thanks for your latest reply. I'm sorry to report that it is getting progressively worse as the weeks go on, Tonight's latest:

)6302662847

Completely usable for gaming (pings are all over the place at peak), streaming video (buffering/constant pausing), anything other than basic web browsing.

Can I firstly ask, what happened on the last date provided (22nd Feb) - is there a closure or update note on this of the previous ticket as mentioned by Josh (F005043814) - surely there are details on this that can be relayed?

I work in IT so i'm sure you'd appreciate, as the family in-house 'IT support', i'm getting constant "Why is our internet so rubbish", "Why is my video lagging!?!?","I thought we had fibre?!", "Why are we paying for this?" shouting from the rest of the family almost on a nightly basis. At the moment I can answer the most of the questions apart from the last one (other than, "because we're stuck in a contract"). Waiting until September 20th for what looks like be another 'date' isn't really acceptable.

Thanks in advance for any other details you can provide.

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Your contract is void with VM on basis that they cannot fix a fault in a timely manner, that being the case you can leave at any time (like i just have)

Untitled2.jpg

As with 99% of VM fault codes that you cannot lookup, they close them and then re-open a new fault that is EXACTLY the same fault as before... Tactic of making it look like they are doing something. Do not expect a fix anytime soon but do expect many many more "review" dates to come and go.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jdch,

Thanks for getting back to me and apologies you are still having an issue with the broadband speeds.

In regards to the fault ticket that Josh mentioned F005043814, this was closed as resolved. 

Then when I checked your account, there was another open ticket in regards to high peak time traffic with a review date of 20th September. As this is a review date it can be subject to change due to the work that is required to improve bandwidth. The upgrade work itself can involve: implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc. which requires planning permission.

I can understand how frustrating this is getting considering the length of time. We will have more updates nearer the review date.

Kind regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos