Menu
RukiaReaperOx
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Receiving 15mb, Paying for 200mg Package

Hi there.

So my problem is simple. I have the 200mb package, have done for a while. I've been with virgin media for my broadband, phone & TV since September 2015 (Started on the 150mb plan then was upgraded free of charge)
Since February 2016 My speed (150mg package) started to change. I would get 162mb even though i was capped at 150mbs. Started at a [pint i was hitting 70mb, then as low as 50mb. I phoned up and was told I'd get a refund (which i did) for a percentage of my broadband costs and the problem would be fixed by June. So i waited it out and still had the issue by the selected date of June. I rang back up to be told I'd be waiting till end of September for the problem to be fixed still, so they gave me another £50 refund and also made sure i got my upgrade sorted for the 200mb.
It is now October, with my broadband now down to 15mbs via Ethernet and another fix promise for the 30th of November. 
Sky offer 19mbs for their standard line Broadband and as much as i had issues with them, I wished I'd actually stuck to the company.
I spoke with another person from the engineer team again tonight and we went through quite a few restarts of the router and such but nothing helped. I know there is a Issue in the area 04 but this is seriously starting to grind my gears.
The engineer then told me she would put me through to a sales representative to get me a new router sent out. So i was put on hold to then find out from the sales representative that there was no notes on the system and I needed to pay for it.
We have questioned why we should put anymore money into the company if the new router "might help". Unfortunately I'm not made of money and already having to pay for a speed Im not even getting a 10th of, i see no reason to put more money in virgin medias pockets.
Has anyone got any helpful tips to help even increase from 15mb speed a little?
Currently tried resets, factory defaults, channel changes, moving the hub in a clear environment, purchasing better Ethernet cables, you name it I've probably done it.
HELP please!
Thanks for reading and all replies are welcome.

0 Kudos
RukiaReaperOx
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Receiving 15mb, Paying for 200mg Package

0 Kudos
RukiaReaperOx
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
precky66
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It will never get fixed m8 been waiting over 5 years now . 663 ping 0.78kb download upload everywhere. They give u a fix date but that comes and goes . One hell of a bad service . One wonders how they can advertise 200mb . As bobby brown says . CAN'T TOUCH THIS . Lol. But good luck
RukiaReaperOx
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Having yet still more problems. The added factor, my wifi now just disconnects when it fancy
0 Kudos