Menu
gazchad
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Really slow internet around midnight

We often get very slow internet which leads to disconnects from game servers. When doing a speed test on the tablet,  it is only around 0.2mb/sec and lasts sometimes 30 mins. It also apparently happens randomly throughout the day too.

It's getting very frustrating as we have scheduled raids late night and have 7 other people waiting around while we try and get our connection back to normal.

0 Kudos
gazchad
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Really slow internet around midnight

Screenshot_20160905-014209-1024x1365.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi gazchad

Thanks for posting back on the community. It's nice to have you here.

I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

When I checked your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004231305 and with a review date of 9th November.

As there can be many factors that can cause interference with the wireless connection, are you able to complete a speed test through a wired connection and whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode at these times please. This will eliminate other devices connected as well.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gazchad
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hiya, thanks for the reply Smiley Happy  It's definitely not a wireless problem, as both PCs and PS4 are wired directly into the router, but next time it happens i will do the modem test and post the results.  (Also is midnight a peak time?)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi gazchad

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Peak hours can be Monday to Friday from 4pm until midnight and weekends.

When you get chance to complete the speed tests, if you can try these on the PC please as the PS4 uses different servers and won't give you a true reflection of the speeds you achieve.

I appreciate any tests you can complete Smiley Happy

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gazchad
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All day today the internet has been awful. This has been an ongoing issue now for the past 2 months, at any time of day, regardless of on peak or off peak. Sometimes it lasts an hour other times it will last the entire day. It's getting ridiculous and very frustrating, any help would be greatly appreciated as we pay a high price for the fastest speeds and have not been receiving this service for two months now. 

I would attach a photo of my speed test but unfortunately it won't even upload it's so slow. I can tell you though that the ping was 12ms, the download speed was 19.10mbps and the upload speed is literally 0.  

We have tried everything, from resetting the router, modem mode, leaving it off for extended periods, doing command prompts and other troubleshooting. Something is wrong your end.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Morning gazchad

Thanks for the reply.

I know this is frustrating to say the least and I want to help get this sorted for you.

There is one more test that I would appreciate you completing for me please. This will be placing the Super Hub into modem mode and the PC/laptop in Safe Mode with Networking. As this will eliminate any software issues on the device. If you can then try to post a screen shot of the results, that would be great. Do you get the same issue on another PC/laptop?

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
Sobi
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue, at all hours of the day and night for the past week.. My package is supposed to be over 100Mbps... Tired of this BS from Virgin Media. We pay through the teeth for internet speeds and we don't even get it more than half the time!!

Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 00.41.53.png

0 Kudos