Menu
Olive1975
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Really slow Broadband Speed NG15 Area 1mb to 5mb max for last 5 days.

Hi. We have been experiencing really slow broadband speeds since Monday 9th January (100mb package).  Speed ranges between 1mb and 6mb in the evening, all evening. Tests each morning show its back up to 50mb or thereabouts.

I've run the online tests a few times with no change. Service status in myvirginmedia is indicating no problems. The most frustrating thing is I can't get through to Virgin to discuss this any further as I keep getting cutoff.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems in this area (Nottingham/NG15)? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Really slow Broadband Speed NG15 Area 1mb to 5mb max for last 5 days.

Hi Olive1975,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

Our team has picked up an unplanned network fault in your area causing slow speeds and intermittent connections - Ref.(F004979034). Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible and have set a review for later today.

I'll check back with you in a couple of hours to see if it's cleared.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Olive1975
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

We phoned Virgin last night and actually got through to someone. There have been reports of work (or upgrades) in our area but we received a text yesterday stating this was all sorted. But there was no change to our speed last night.  The technician has said there are no faults with our equipment and we have been told to give it a few more days to see if service resumes. 

I've been off work today and I have carried out two wireless speed tests during the day (73mb and 37mb respectively). A third test just after 6pm tonight and we are back down to 1.7mb. so whatever is causing this, it seems restricted to the evenings only!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Evening Olive1975,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Apologies that you are still having issues with your broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at the network and there is a high peak time traffic fault reported in your area. The reference number is F004115164 and has a review date of 22nd February.

I did also notice that the downstream power levels are too high and I would like to arrange for an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos