Menu
jsg942
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Really really slow speeds

Getting disgustingly slow speed during peak times. I am paying for a 50mb broadband connection but I am actually getting a speed of between 0.6mb and maximum of 3mb (if I'm lucky) during weekends and evenings (when I need the service the most).

I have been told that this will be reviewed in April but after reading other customers experiences I don't have a lot of confidence in Virgin. Virgin has lied to get my custom and they have not delivered on their promise. I can't believe Virgin are actually allowed to get away with this disgustingly slow service.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? If so I think we should take action against the company.

**Note to Virgin: Sort it out. You need to drastically improve your speeds and customer service.

0 Kudos
dobbo82
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Really really slow speeds

Same problem here. I first reported on Nov 22nd.  Got told their was maintenance going on in the area. Rang again today and the support guy tried changing a lot of "settings" - of which none worked. Said he'd talk to his colleagues and keep trying for the next hour or so. He was obviously due for his lunch break, because he couldn't wait to get off the phone despite not being able to help at all, and offered no tangible support for an actual solution.  

Despiet all of this, I continue to pay for 50mbps, and get a big banner when I log in to my virginmedia telling me 70mbps is ready in Jan 2017.  3 days left in Jan, and I'd settle for 7 mbps!

The speed makes it pretty much unusable most of the time. Am going to change provider purely on principle I think.  

0 Kudos