Menu
Milambar
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Really bad speeds, area 20.

Im paying for 100mbit, and a few days ago, I got a network "hiccup". When I dialled 150 it did some automatic test and said it had fixed an issue. When I rebooted the modem, I was only getting 10mbit instead of 100. 

I decided to give it a few days, I tested again today, and Im still only getting ~10mbit, instead of 100.

I called 150, and spoke to tecnical support, they told me theres a network overutilization issue in my area, scheduled for a fix in February. That doesn't seem right, it doesn't explain why I was getting over 100mbit, then a single hiccup, and then permanently getting around 10mbig, consistently.

If it was a network utilization issue, the speed would fluctuate during the day as people go to bed, come home from work etc. It doesn't fluctuate, its a constant 10mbit.

Could someone take a more close look at this issue please?

Incidentally, this is a WIRED connection, not wireless (I know someone would have asked).

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Really bad speeds, area 20.

Hello are you getting slower speeds in the evenings or just all the time? Are you doing the tests using an ethernet cable or wifi?

0 Kudos
Milambar
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have already answered both questions in my original post Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Milambar, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your connection being slow, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested the connection from here and I can see that your area cable seems to suffer some load issues, especially during the peak times.

We're currently planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in an effort to combat this. The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours. The reference number for this is F004144676 and is currently set to be reviewed around the middle of February.

Thanks for your patience regarding this, one of my colleagues will be in touch with some more information.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ItsCraigo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just to update you on this. VM are now saying this is due to be reviewed by August. 

To also make you aware of the time-scale this has spanned - the area has been suffering extremely high ultilisation for the last 5 YEARS! That's right - 5 WHOLE YEARS of pathetic speeds (around 3-8Mb DL) when you want to use the service. i.e. every evening and across the whole weekend.

Your continued advertising campaign of 'super-fast' is borderline illegal. Just because one area might have genuine 200Mb speeds, this doesn't quantify the true day-today use and reliability of your service for people in area 20 - especially in M41. Not to mention the SH3 and Intel Puma saga which will no doubt take many many many more months to rectify.

0 Kudos