Menu
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Read Between The Lines.

I've noticed on my account page that my "Free" speed boost has been pushed back to July-December 2017. So, there's no danger of getting the over utilisation sorted out any time soon then?

I've also noticed that people are being given review dates as far away as December. It makes a mockery of the "We like it fast." boast in the title of this forum.

I've just read that as from next month the minimum package will be 100 meg down and 12 up. Yep, I can't get boosted up to 70 meg, but new customers will be on at least 100. That's not going to affect the over utilisation either, is it? VM have lost all credibility in my area. How about a straight answer as to when we can hope to see some improvement in our speeds and stability?

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos
wonko
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Read Between The Lines.

There is no governing body that prevents Virgin Media from providing sub-standard service while signing up new customers and milking the ones they've got. It's a brilliant racket for them. It appears to me that the CEO is taking the business and driving it into the ground, driving up short term profits that will no doubt have a very beneficial effect on his bonus package and then I would expect him to be the first to abandon the sinking ship.

Ultimately word will get around that VM aren't providing the service they say they are and people will wise up and leave or avoid signing up. I'm already hearing it around me. 2-3 years ago I heard nothing but praise for VM.

All just my opinion, of course. 

greyman
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The bitter irony is that the more peeps that leave, VM will have less of an over-utilisation problem to "worry" about and they will then probably just sign up even more unsuspecting new customers and the cycle will continue.  

This lot just needs a proverbial rocket up their backsides, in the form of a major compensation hit, before they are likely to give a damn and the sad thing is, there doesn't appear to be anyone to apply said punishment.  I've now sent two emails to CISAS, the first of which was around 6 weeks ago and they have not acknowledged either.  If that lot is supposed to be encouraging broadband providers to offer better customer service. we really are in trouble.  

It's getting about time to leave i think and if my issue isn't solved by the current review date or if they move it again, that would be the last straw..

pete7049
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Looking at this forum, it seems that the minimum wait for getting over utilisation sorted out is at least 1 year, from when an F Number is opened. VM really need to tell customers about this, so they can make an informed decision about staying or leaving. A review date a month or so in the future (That will be pushed back.) is almost bordering on deception, when VM know full well that nothing will be fixed in that time frame. Dangle the carrot to keep them interested, eh VM?

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Blimey! VM have started handing out review dates in 2018: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Virgin-takin-mickey-again-with-cust-speeds-right/td-p/3375...

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The really long 9 month review dates which are now appearing may be down to the switch to DOCSIS 3.1 which is expected this year. But like all review dates, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

In some cases it will no longer be worth starting long and expensive utilisation fixes (new CMTS, laying more fibre, node splits) when the upcoming move to DOCSIS 3.1 could solve the issue in a flick of a switch, possibly much sooner than the given review date.

pete7049
Well-informed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm, judging by VM's track record so far, I won't be holding my breath.

0 Kudos