Menu
TheArtfulCodger
Tuning in
Message 1 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow broadband speed in the evenings

Hi, Sorry for hijacking this thread but I'm having the same problem, My d/l speeds are fine during the day (normally around 54MB) but between roughly 5pm-11pm I'm lucky if I get more than 10MB and this is on a wired connection on both Xbox One & PS4, wireless is even worse and I average around 5MB.  I've done all the port forwarding, changed wireless channel etc but to no avail.

I did call customer support a while ago who had a look and said there was something not quite right and that they would sort it but nothing has changed. 

I'd be grateful for any assistance Smiley Happy

Xbox One: artful c0dger
PS4: oak6six6
Twitter: @artfulc0dger
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi TheArtfulCodger,

Really sorry for your reduced evening speeds. I've investigated for you and see that utilisation (congestion) is the cause, which is why you're not having issues earlier in the day.

This is already in planning for a network upgrade, ref: F003368524 with the end of December looking favourable for the work to commence. However, due to the complex nature of the planning involved it is possible that the proposed date may change so I'd advise that you request updates on here in a week or two.

In the meantime, please call 150 (free from a VM landline) or 0345 454 1111 and request a credit for each month this affects you. I've put full details on your account so just quote the fault reference when you call.

Take care Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

All Replies
Forum Manager
Forum Manager
Message 2 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hey TheArtfulCodger,

Thanks for posting. Just to let you know I've created your own thread as it looks like you live in a different area to the original OP, so I want to make sure you get the help you need.

Cheers,

Pete Smiley Happy

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi TheArtfulCodger,

Really sorry for your reduced evening speeds. I've investigated for you and see that utilisation (congestion) is the cause, which is why you're not having issues earlier in the day.

This is already in planning for a network upgrade, ref: F003368524 with the end of December looking favourable for the work to commence. However, due to the complex nature of the planning involved it is possible that the proposed date may change so I'd advise that you request updates on here in a week or two.

In the meantime, please call 150 (free from a VM landline) or 0345 454 1111 and request a credit for each month this affects you. I've put full details on your account so just quote the fault reference when you call.

Take care Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

TheArtfulCodger
Tuning in
Message 4 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jen, Just contacted customer services and they reckon it should be sorted by Christmas eve (I'll believe it when I see it!) and they've credited our bill accordingly. I will still keep an eye on it though and post back with any updates. Thanks again for the assist!

P.s. Thanks Pete, I saw the other thread that I initially posted in after a quick Google search and thought I'd just post in that, it never twigged that there'd be different areas! Thanks for moving it to a new thread for me Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi TheArtfulCodger,

Glad that you called in to get your credit Smiley Happy

Please be aware that when you ask for the estimated fix date when calling in, the information provided will be the EFT that is visible to the agent.

That EFT is not always applicable, as it depends on what work has been planned and how far the planning has progressed. For more indepth information I would advise that you either ask for 2nd line support's input when calling in, or post a request on here.

Bye for now Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
TheArtfulCodger
Tuning in
Message 6 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Just checking in to see if there's any further news on this? Thanks in advance Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi TheArtfulCodger,

I've just checked up on this for you.  Sorry to say the work now looks like being done towards the end of next month, and the review date has slipped to 04/02/2015.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
TheArtfulCodger
Tuning in
Message 8 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for the update. I assume then that if I contact customer services again they should issue another credit onto our account?

Also, is there any way of finding out what our password is for when we phone up as the only one we have is the one we use to log in to our account online but they keep saying that that's the wrong one.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi TheArtfulCodger,

Sorry for the ongoing fault. To answer your questions yes if you phone up you should get another credit for the extended fix time. I'm afraid we can't give out the passwords you've set as this is a breach of data protection. What we can do is, once you've passed the other security questions for data protection over the phone they can change your password for future reference. 

Hope this helps and happy holidays Smiley Happy

John

0 Kudos
TheArtfulCodger
Tuning in
Message 10 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Can anyone help, I've been going round in circles with customer support on the phone for the last 2 hours. I've been trying to get the credit put on our account as advised due to the fault still not being resolved but each person I've spoken to is saying that there is no record of any problems and that we are not due any credit. They also said that we could not have any credit applied until after the work has been completed. I'm trying to explain that I've posted on here and the advice that i have received from the forum team but all they keep referring to is an online chat that I had with someone a few weeks ago.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos