Menu
lloydee1983
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor broadband speeds

Hi

I have virgin broadband fibre 50. I have been experiencing slow speeds during peak times, but has gotten progressively worse. Now only getting 2/3 Mbps during peak times (7pm - 11pm) And at weekends slow down in speeds start even earlier in the day .

I'm currently paying £32.25 a month on a 12 month contract, yet my broadband is useless.

I have called in once before and the tech department weren't able to solve my issue, my area that I live is over subscribed, plain and simple, there is very likely no fix for this .

I have tried to ring in several times this evening as tonight was probably the worst out of the lot, but lines are busy and can't get through. I'm a bit upset and frustrated that I'm paying this amount each month for a service that is unusable. Why advertise these speeds if you can't deliver!

Either offer me a discount for this **bleep**e service or come and collect your **bleep**ty broadband equipment.
lloydee1983
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Check out my Ookla Speedtest result. What's your speed? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2458869738

Current speeds I'm getting
haydenbcfc
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

speed test.png

I believe im the winner here Smiley Wink

lloydee1983
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Omg that's awful, which package do you have? It's after 11pm and mine is still slow, such a **bleep** service it's a disgrace, virgin shouldn't be trading.
haydenbcfc
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I pay for VIVID 100 mbps :/

Been told to contact back to virgin media in 48 hours after their engineers have investigated the issue, have not got high hopes looking at this forum Smiley Sad

lloydee1983
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh damn
lloydee1983
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Had a internet cut a couple hours ago, went to the router and some lights were flashing. So my firmware was updating, since then my download speeds have been slightly better. Will see how the speeds are during peak times though
0 Kudos
lloydee1983
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had a couple of software updates on the router , first one didn't help . Second may of but not sure. But last two nights I have been back to my quoted speeds during the evening which is brilliant. Currently getting these speeds even during peak times . Check out my @Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/2482802841

Don't know what was done to solve my problems, but me moaning on here seems to have worked. have had slow peak times speeds from day one pretty much, but I just tolerated it then it got so slow that I had to say something.

How are you getting on now with your speeds ? Any improvements?

0 Kudos