Menu
Hegsy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

RUBBISH SPEEDS AND LIES WHEN YOU CALL

Area 20, ever since I was told I had upgraded to 50mb I've not once been able to hit it, lucky to get past 3mb of an evening, which is when we use it due to working, we are paying for this speed so expect it...if I didn't pay you the full monthly amount would you find it acceptable? I think not...got an old super hub that's about 10 years old that they won't change, say nothing wrong with it, but been told you need an upgraded hub to get the 50mb speed? Getting really peed off now, everytime you ring them they fob you off with lies...work going on in the area 

0 Kudos
Byte
Tuning in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: RUBBISH SPEEDS AND LIES WHEN YOU CALL

Yep, know how you feel. :\ I have been having same issue. Being on 150mbs, i know peak hours can be a hit on speed but i expected to at least get reasonable speeds during the peak hours. Sadly i'm lucky to get 1mbs now in the evening, usally get stuck with 0.30 on average.

Issue starts bang on dot at 4pm everyday for past week now. Speeds return to normal come 12am.

Like you said you phone up and just get told about maintenance in the area. I even had one guy tell me to check my router lights, when i told them they were fine and then he hung up, lol.
Even had a call where i was given false information phone numer and website that didnt exsist when i tried them. :/
0 Kudos
Hegsy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Spot on...up to 30 during day (when I'm off work rarely) down to maybe 3 after 4pm till at least midnight....not good, always work in your area when you ring, but check online and says services running fine...SORT YOUR ACT OUT VIRGIN...GIVE US WHAT WERE PAYING FOR...OR REDUCE THE COST IF YOU CANT !!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Hegsy,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've taken a look at your connection and it appears that you are being affected by a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F004136004 and has a review date of 5th July.

To discuss this further I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hegsy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean JULY !! 5 months off....well I hope my bill will show a discount until then ?? I bet not !!, not. 

this was tonight...50mb my eye....image.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You can call up and claim a discount with the fault number you've been given. It ain't going to be much though as they are fixed rates. I 'think' the 50Mbs one is £7.50 or there abouts.

The 200Mbs one is £12.50 at least so it's lower than that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hegsy wrote:

What do you mean JULY !! 5 months off....well I hope my bill will show a discount until then ?? I bet not !!, not. 

this was tonight...50mb my eye....

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Also, TBH, the more that complain paints a picture to CISAS, and in turn OFCOM might get involved, it might be a small percentage, but its a big enough percentage to make heads turn.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Shaf for the 200Mbps they have now made it only £10 it would seem Smiley Frustrated

voicon
Up to speed
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Bestie wrote:

Shaf for the 200Mbps they have now made it only £10 it would seem Smiley Frustrated

That's what I got this month.

Maybe it depends if you have discounts applied already?

Hegsy
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the comment going to ring them again, fed up of it now....

0 Kudos