Menu
kyedav
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

REALLY SLOW internet in BL4 area (Under 1mbps)

These past 2 - 3 days it seems Virgin has been having problems with the internet service they're providing. It's not just that, the internet has also been cutting out. The area status checker shows no problems with broadband in this area but 2 problems with TiVo. It's quite annoying knowing we pay over £120 a month for a fairly big package as well as 200mbps to have these sort of hassles.

Anyone else experiencing problems?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: REALLY SLOW internet in BL4 area (Under 1mbps)

Hi there kyedav,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear that your broadband has been playing up as of recent, I know this can be inconvenient.

I've just taken a look at your Hub and noticed that it's currently offline. This maybe a fault, or it might be that you just have it turned off at the moment. I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) so we can keep in touch and investigate this further.

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Vicg
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,I recently moved over to virgin media broadband.my son is fuming he can't play online gaming it just lags ridiculously.paying for fiber 100 ,getting 39-40!!!!.on good day. Nobody mentioned any area problem when I was signing up.now being told it will be February before anything being done!!!!!! .shocking service.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Vicg,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're getting, I know it's disappointing.

Is your son connecting via the wireless or with a cable? Ideally a cable would be the better option, if you don't have an Ethernet cable let me know and I'll send one to you.

During peak time hours 40MB isn't that slow, so we might need to look into other options like port forwarding. What device does he game on?

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos