Menu
Seffrid
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Question re speed upgrades

Having upgraded to a Hub 3 I'm considering a speed increase, being on 20Mbps at the moment. I don't actually need a faster connection for what I do, to me reliability is far more important than speed. That said, if I can get a faster connection without losing the reliablity and at no greater cost then that's good!

Under "My Virgin Media" I'm being offered an upgrade to 150Mbps although there's no mention of whether it's free or at a price. Is it usually free?

Is that a reliable speed or is there a sweet point at which it's not worth going for anything faster because unreliability kicks in?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Question re speed upgrades

150 is only offered as a free upgrade. Just don't take anything extra like sky sports with it which is sometimes offered as that increases the cost.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Seffrid
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice, Shafreya.

I certainly wouldn't be taking any TV extras as I don't use VM for TV.

I'd still be grateful for anyone's views on whether reliability deteriorates with higher speeds. If it does, is it possible to revert to an old speed if the increased speed causes problems?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If there are no issues in the area, it wouldn't make a difference to quality. You wouldn't notice it so bad only on 20Mbs

Maybe it's best waiting for VM to confirm there are no current issues in your area.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos