Menu
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Pushed back AGAIN?

Phoned up for my Credit & was told the fault F003733181 is now due to be fixed on the 29th of March? at 9:00AM? 

Why has no work been done? The speed is still as slow as ever & it's over 2 Years now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pushed back AGAIN?

Hi Bestie,

Network upgrades aren't like other faults. Before the planned upgrade can commence the pre-upgrade work has to complete. As that is subject to local authority permissions, supplier consent etc, the lead time tends to be rather lengthy.

For this reason we don't like to provide actual fix dates or times and the one that you've been given is actually the date when the pre-upgrade work will be reviewed.

I believe that the Mods are providing you with updates about this fault? It might be best to rely on this source of information - sometimes getting updates from 2 different parties can lead to some misinformation.

But sorry for the delay,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen, Yes the Mod team have been in touch and given me a good amount off my bill so thanks for that.

Since i am getting so much off my bill i am willing to see what happens until the next review date in March.

It seems the congestion levels are getting much higher though as the speeds off peak are even slow: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5933900870

I have had this fault for 2 Years now & some work was done over a year ago but not enough was done so it just got even worse.

The issue is the new customers joining in the area which is just silly to sign them up knowing its already congested as it just makes it worse for everyone + defrauding the person signing up is not right.

Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Hello, Is there any work planned for my cable? as I had a call from the complaints team who told me the £30 that was taken off my bill was for the whole 3 Months until the review which is in March? if that's the case that is only £10 off for such a slow service? my bill is still £35 a month if that is true? and if there is no actual work planned to take place by March I will need to switch as I can easily get a better deal somewhere else.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Hey Bestie,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Yes your credit will be applied in one lump sum for the duration of the fault up to the next review date. I've just checked the fault ticket and I don't have news for you right now, but please keep in touch and bump this post on or after the review date in March as we will have then received a progress update.

I appreciate your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Hello, Can someone please have a look at my connection I am currently getting slow speeds OFF PEAK!

All tests are done wired to the HUB in modem mode to be sure.

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 57
Flag for a moderator

This is the most I have been able to squeeze out of it so far which is still slow as I am supposed to be on a 200Mbps connection during off peak.

0 Kudos
Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 57
Flag for a moderator

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 9 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Bestie wrote:

Phoned up for my Credit & was told the fault F003733181 is now due to be fixed on the 29th of March? at 9:00AM? 

Why has no work been done? The speed is still as slow as ever & it's over 2 Years now.

2 years is about the going rate, yet still VM do nothing...my problem is now well over 2 years, and my 'review' has just been pushed back ANOTHER 6 months, yet VM still selling into this area, already massively over subscribed..just KNOW the next review will be the same, making nearly 3 years!!

VM do not FIX these faults, EVER...all they do is a short term 'bodge' to last a couple of months so they can sell more 'services' they are unable to provide, then anothet fault ticket raised, and off you go again...

Short answer to your 'fix date' is NEVER...you have been warned!!!  You will get NOTHING from VM except price rises...

greyman
Superfast
Message 10 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Just out of interest, i work for a local authority and actually the one that covers the area that i live in.  

Just as a tip, when your review date arrives and the Local Authority is being blamed for the delay, ask VM for the planning application reference and then give development control at your local council a call to check its status and projected timescale for determination.  If you can't get the planning reference from VM, all planning authorities will provide a web-based planning portal for you to do a search for yourself, but unless you know exactly where the work is to be done, you might still be best to make a call to talk to someone who will know.