Menu
Duncan3679
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Purpose of this forum?

Does someone from virgin actually monitor this?
Endless comments about speed and there doesn't appear to be one response to the posts. Is it worth me posting about my 3mb/s again or should I just call for the 3rd time ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Purpose of this forum?

the main reason for this forum is Community support. Other users helping each other.
VM staff do reply here but it can take upto a week currently for them to get to a post.
greyman
Superfast
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It probably is worth you posting, as you will then be able to use it to prove that you have taken all reasonable steps to seek a solution.  As long as your expectations of getting a solution aren't too high that is.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Duncan3679 wrote:
Does someone from virgin actually monitor this?
Endless comments about speed and there doesn't appear to be one response to the posts. Is it worth me posting about my 3mb/s again or should I just call for the 3rd time ?

Not really as you only posted yesterday. This is community support with VM staff intervening when needed. ATM response time can be, like acyberax says, up to a week.

If you want a quicker response, 150.

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:
the main reason for this forum is Community support. Other users helping each other.
VM staff do reply here but it can take upto a week currently for them to get to a post.

Sometimes it's a week, although looking lately I have seen people being answered within a day, one was 4 hours and another less than 1 hour, it gets very frustrating when this happens and your post from over a week ago hasn't been answered.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

voicon wrote:

apcyberax wrote:

Sometimes it's a week, although looking lately I have seen people being answered within a day, one was 4 hours and another less than 1 hour, it gets very frustrating when this happens and your post from over a week ago hasn't been answered.

Depends on a number of factors

• If there's a reply in your thread it winds up at the back of the queue as staff answer posts with no replies first
  • Different areas of the board have different average reply times.
  • Posts with more details tend to answered before posts with less.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

And sometimes, posts can get flagged as it's just a simple tech booking required. Note this is not the case for over utilization etc.

No point making people wait weeks just to book a tech.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Duncan3679
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I believe I will likely need someone to come and take a look at it. The modem keeps flashing green, then resetting over and over then stays white for a period of time. It's only starting happening the last few days. My internet is unuasable, have to use 4G.
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

All this cobblers about it being a 'community forum'. The Superusers shouldn't beat that drum; it's playing into VM's hands.

In 2009, when this forum started, it was a proper support forum. APcyberax knows that - he was there. They closed down 2nd line support from the newsgroups and transferred the staff to dealing with users on the forum. And very well it worked too. Real technical skill from the VM side.

A couple of years later, they dumped all that, placing the forums into that wretched social media sphere. The forum team were, afaik, recruited from first line (call centre) staff. Quite a knowledge gap there.

Then last year, VM tightened its belt and let a whole bunch of forum team staff go. This has resulted in the 7 day wait for a response from VM staff.

In customer service terms, there is no excuse for this gross disregard for support good practice. VM's edge is disappearing and I ask the Superusers again to complain about this deterioration as vehemently as possible.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Don't worry it gets mentioned, perhaps with less bigot than you would otherwise do Seph. It's a bit chilly up here without you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos