Menu
buerak
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Previously fast connection got dead slow

Hi there,

I had a fast connection (50 Mb plan, real speed most of the time was 50-53 Mb, slowest was probably around 40, but only on rare occasions. Later on it's was upgraded to 70 Mb and I got 70-76 Mb of real speed, very stable) for about 1.5 years, nothing to complain. But this March my broadband has died (4 days without any sign of life).

The engineer who came to my house has fixed it very fast. According to him the port in the box outside of the house was broken so he had to connect the cable to another one. The speed I got was terrible but after 4-5 hours I finally got a normal speed.

Unfortunately next day I found a speed to be horribly slow - 1-3 Mb. This happened on 11th of March and since when I have a very unstable speed which is always very low like 1-3 during a peak time and can be anything in any other time. For example it is 4 Mb at the moment.

I'm wondering does connecting the cable to another port mean connecting me to another, possibly full of users, slow pool? (sorry, I have no idea how this broadband works)

It is bad. I had an ADSL before switching to Virgin and that one was stable 17 Mb and way less expensive. I hope there is an easy fix for this problem.

Maybe it is just a coincidence and has nothing to do with that port. Just in case I'm in area 03, maybe it's a global issue.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Previously fast connection got dead slow

So we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

0 Kudos
buerak
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kippies,

This is what I got. Cheers.

downstream.pngupstream.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Looks fine from those metrics- can you set up a BQM

HERE

Run it for say 24 hrs, and post the result.

Dont forget youll need to make sure your super hub is configured to reply to ICMP echo requests...

BQM.jpg

That will let us see what the connection is doing over time...

0 Kudos
buerak
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

And my BQMbqm.png

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

get a asus rt68u lad

modem mode . game ova

0 Kudos
Guybrush85
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ignore the advise above as that will not sort out the issue you have. Thanks to Kippies advice, you can see that at peak times things get worse, so it's pretty safe to say it's utilisation.
--------------------------------------------------------
Look behind you, a three-headed monkey
0 Kudos
buerak
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Whatever the reason is I can't agree with 1-3 Mb speed when I'm paying for 70 Mb.

Another thing is that this has happened right after I completely lost connection and then got it fixed.

I'll keep an eye on it.

0 Kudos
buerak
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So, it doesn't get any better. Half of the time the speed is 1-5 Mbit  (it is 2 now) and it is not even possible to watch Vimeo.

It's not what I had before my broadband got "fixed". I don't think the number of customers grew up drastically in 4 days (this is how much it took to fix it from non-working state to half dead one) so it must be something else.

Is there an official ticket system? I don't want to spend hours on the phone and would like to have a well documented history.

Does it make sense to go through Which to make a proper complaint?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi buerak, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F004822712 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 05 JUL 2017. 

I will pop you a PM to get some more information. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner.

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos