Menu
Yonmons
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poorly Broadband - Speed

We have been with Virgin at least 10 years and are well out of contract - maybe its time to move on, our BB Speed has dropped to near useless at the time of posting (8am) I am getting a download speed of 41.45 which is the best test speed achieved ever, moreover a good evening average would be 19.xx. I first noticed over Xmas that films were buffering, and last night I abandoned any attempt at streaming a film it was just impossible. Could you take a look please. Area 20 ******

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poorly Broadband - Speed

Hi Yonmons,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with your power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Yonmons
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Engineer attended and before he did anything said theres a problem with this whole area should be sorted by March. His official speed check showed 61 which as he says is not what we are paying for. But he agreed that the speed would degrade in the evening (last night it took 3 attempts to get on iplayer)

Do virgin do credit for extended poor service ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Yonmons,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Apologies that you are still having issues with your broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at your connection, there are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low. I am unable to see any issues that would cause your speeds to drop.

With the speed tests you completed, were they through a wired or wireless connection? 

Are you able to complete speed tests at different times of the day whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode please? This will eliminate other devices connected. If you can post a screenshot/link of the results, we can see if there is a difference.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos