Menu
Mercman123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor vivid 200 in hp2

again it seems Virgin don't give a stuff about their customers, I have been waiting for a complaint about the slow speeds on vivid200 after getting a lsuperhub 3 to be fixed and responded too, still nothing.  After 10 days, great 48-72 hour response.Just wondering if of all the TiVo box updates are causing the issues, and if so why doesn't virgin admit they throttled everyone whilst the upgrades are being done. Or better still only do the, overnighT

come on virgin sort your selves out

guess buying F1 has casused an issue

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor vivid 200 in hp2

Hello Mercman123

I am sorry you are having difficulties obtaining the speed, our network data does show a few peaks of high traffic in the evening but not too bad. On interrogating the hub it looks like all your Ethernet devices have only negotiated at 100Mbps instead 1000Mbps and this may be the limiting factor. This is normally indicated by an orange LED rather than green where the Ethernet plugs into the hub. Common causes include device Ethernet card limitations or out of date drivers or poor quality Ethernet leads. If you check all them and still have an issue it may be worth trying a reset of the hub Resetting your Virgin Media router

Please keep us updated.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Mercman123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor vivid 200 in hp2

hi Nicola,

thanks for the info, however I don't see how that can affect the WiFi download speeds which are varying just as much. I also have the same setup I had with the hub 2. which was never capable of 200mbs on wifi. the wifi on my phone connects at 866mbs on the 5g, as I have split the 2.4g and 5g names on the router

0 Kudos