Menu
kav94
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor speeds in office all of a sudden!?

Recently had our installation for 200mb speeds and using speedtest.net I've been getting 222 which is great. 

However I recently just put my desktop into my office and over the past few days it has worked seamlessly, full bars of signal and web pages loading instantly with also online gaming working great.

However last night it said I had 4/5 signal bars but the speed was atrocious, speed test was coming in at 1mb download. Called Virgin and the bloke advised that something is blocking the signal (although I have no other devices connected, nothing plugged into any wall sockets... just thin walls (I live in a new build so the interior walls are paper thin) so I've no idea what could be causing this... Tried resetting the router, and trying out different channels and frequencies with the chap on the phone but nothing worked. 

He has booked an engineer to come out on the 11th to put my router into my office upstairs so I can use an Ethernet cable with my router. However, there was a Virgin point where the router is now (lounge, behind the TV), there's one in my room and one in the kitchen but not in the office... how easy will this be for the engineer to do/is it possible? Or if anyone has any other tips I can try that would be great. 

I'd accept it if it just straight up didn't work in the office from the off but the fact it has worked solidly for the past two days and now it just doesn't want to is confusing me! Cheers.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor speeds in office all of a sudden!?

is the poor speeds only between 4pm and midnight? if so you have the same problem as me

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
kav94
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yep.

Although on Saturday & Sunday it was fine at those times.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello kav94,

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your broadband speed and I would like to welcome you to the community.

I have located your account to run some test and everything looks okay with your hub but I have added some handy links below which should help you get the best out of your wireless connection.

*Changing the wireless channel*

and

*Getting the best out of your wireless signal*

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos