Menu
Mchung1990
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor speeds at night

Hi,

Looking for a response from VM. Been a VM customer for approx 9 years + i believe and the service has usually been good and no complaints apart from the last 2 years.

Firstly my bill has almost doubled and for a reduction in price i had to reduce from 70mbs to 50mbs and not being funny that only lasted a few months then my bill has arisen once again.

Now for a few weeks my speeds have reduced to a eye watering 1-2 mbs in the evening, i know peak times maybe an issue but its still far below what i would expect from £42 service and loyal customer.

I do hardly any downloading nor much online gaming and not much streaming, 2 people in the household for mainly browsing and even when i check with just myself on the internet its slow.

Please shed a light on some sort of fix, upgrade or potential area problem so it will be short lived? Otherwise compensation or time to cut losses and move on
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor speeds at night

Evening Mchung1990,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I've run some checks on your broadband connection, the line and the hub have come back as fine which is good. However high peak time traffic in your area is causing the slow speeds you have been experiencing. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004261508 and has a review date of 8th February.

I know this is frustrating and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused. To discuss this further I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
StuartA89
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor speeds at night

Hi Sam,

Sorry to hijack the post but I'm having identical issues. I live in a busy city centre area, so that might be why. Is there any chance you could look into that for me, please?

0 Kudos