Menu
Krysalan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor speed results after upgrade to VIVID 200 Gamer

So, excitedly, I "upgraded" from VIVID 200 to VIVID 200 Gamer to take advantage of the 20M upload speed and freedom from traffic management.  I stream on twitch so upstream bandwidth is important to me.

Since the upgrade (which included having to switch from the Superhub 2ac to the Hub 3) I have had variations in speeds from as low as 1.75Mbps to the advertised 200Mbsp.  Even now, at almost 4 in the morning the best I can get is 130-140Mbps downstream.

All of my tests are done in modem mode with the PC hardwired to the Hub3 with CAT6 cable.

Prior to the upgrade the Superhub 2ac would give consistent 200Mbps download results no matter what time of day.

I had an engineer out today who did a partial rewire for me and checked everything and confirmed there were no faults, the only thing he could not do was replace the Hub3.

So, at the moment I am paying extra each month for greater upstream bandwidth and no traffic management at, perversely,  much reduced and inconsistent download speeds.

My postcode is CH41.

As you might imagine, I'm pretty unsatisfied at the moment.  

Could anyone from VM advise on my next course of action?

arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor speed results after upgrade to VIVID 200 Gamer

simple answer is, its the hub 3, if you still have your 2ac, call virgin and have them reactivate it, the gamer package is supported by the 2ac, dont let them tell you it isnt.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
Krysalan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor speed results after upgrade to VIVID 200 Gamer

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/3637d76abb2bac39f51f1a5cba72b87c-08-01-2017.html

Yep - this is my current monitor graph - almost 300% worse than with the Superhub 2.0ac.

I'll be ringing up tomorrow to get my 2.0ac re-activated.

0 Kudos