Menu
scouseware
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor speed in Prenton

I will do the same if I don't get a satisfactory reply. Just so they know speeds at non peak times OK. Not a fault with me. Obviously OverUtilised. Sell sell sell with no provision of equipment to cater for their promises.

0 Kudos
stpuk
Dialled in
Message 12 of 42
Flag for a moderator

CISAS is a more effective route Smiley Wink

scouseware
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the review date as far as I am concerned is a fob off, hoping the problem will go away. Already VM are losing the technology war with their old TIVO boxes which are easily out performed with a ROKU style box you can often pick up for £15. They need to invest in infrastructure, their over utilisation issues seems to be nation wide. 3-4 Years of empty promises in Prenton is a disgrace. My 200 Vivid speed (taken 30 mins ago) very quickly dropping before most people even get home from work. Soon be about 2Mb d/l in about an hour or so!

0 Kudos
scouseware
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 42
Flag for a moderator

These figures agree with anything from Speedtest.net BTW.
0 Kudos
scouseware
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Already Halved in speed
Won't bore you with any more tonight but I expect 2.5-3Mb in the next few hours.
0 Kudos
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 16 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Already at 5 which means it's going to drop off any moment.
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 17 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Tonight may be the night I go postal. I honestly can't deal with this anymore. £35 and I'm struggling to play a song on Spotify. It's taking all the will in the world not to swear on here. I am livid, properly livid.
scouseware
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 42
Flag for a moderator

at 9.10pm

Grrrr ...90+ times slower than advertised

0 Kudos
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 19 of 42
Flag for a moderator

scouseware.

Just had a call from the complaints office regarding my email to the CEO. Works are due to be carried out on the 25th Jan. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt this time, but if nothing had improved by February I will be leaving they wont charge. Just a heads up if you're getting too frustrated.
scouseware
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Cheers, we shall see..

I can apparently get a guaranteed 17+Mb D/L worst case scenario with other promised fibre services currently.

I may be able to get much higher speeds with Virgin (When I and everyone else is  asleep!!!) but with the offerings from Amazon Prime, Roku, Now TV and by also 'binning' my VM landline and 2x slow TIVO boxes I would be quids in with a usable broadband at times when I want to use it. It's now up to VM,  it now seems February will be decision month.

0 Kudos