Menu
scouseware
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Poor speed in Prenton

200 Vivid is a joke when you get speeds like this!
Virgins Advertisement
Vivid 200 Experience ultra speed up to 200Mbps Unlimited downloads Perfect for loads of HD streaming at the same time
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor speed in Prenton

Currently on a whopping 2.15mb speed. Awaiting a reply from the CEO. Felt I had to go to the top because as nice as the staff are on here nothing is getting done. Drafting an email to OFCOM too.

All Replies
scouseware
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

That last one was later last evening, Early morning followed by just now:

09.00am

5.54pm

On it way down to 2-4Mb ....
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi scouseware,

Thanks fro posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see a network issue affecting speeds at peak times in your area - Ref(F002944277). Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible and have set a review date of 25th January 2017.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Mboden78
Joining in
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I'm in Prenton too. Virgin media is a joke, IV had bad internet speed since moving in to this house since January. Iv been on the phone numerous times,and been jibbed off going through the motions of checking the equipment which always results in no improvement and I'm absolutely sick of it. Paying through the nose for a package that doesn't perform as well as my old dial up system did and that's saying something. I'll be cancelling my subscription and moving over to another provider which is a shame as I have always used virgin for their internet speeds but this poor service is beyond a joke now. Unreliable,overpriced and overall absolutely disgusting service. 

scouseware
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you and thank you for your reply.

A review date sadly is not a fix date and I have been promised 'fix' dates many times over the years. Personally I don't think Virgin should be selling/advertising these 'fantastic' speeds in areas when they know the evenings supply speeds no greater than an old 52Kb modem. Its not laughable that they get away with this TBH.

Despite being at the far end from my BT exchange, I know in the busy periods BT lines can provide me with much greater constant speeds. I will be leaving after the new year if nothing is done to fix this.  I am in IT and know what others also are missing and I will not be leaving without personally putting together an honest leaflet that tells no lies and delivering it to hundred of local residents letterboxes spelling out their better options. Perhaps that will kick-start Virgin into real action and delivere better on what they promise when they get many people doing the same. I will not be going quietly. Enough is Enough! (or sadly less is LESS and less).

blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same area with the same package and haven't even come close to those speeds Smiley Sad
Mboden78
Joining in
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

blazingmagnums wrote:
I am in the same area with the same package and haven't even come close to those speeds Smiley Sad

And I'm afraid you won't either unless your up at 4am 

0 Kudos
scouseware
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

To receive Ultra HD 4K off Amazon you need 15Mb constant Download. My speed @ 7.15pm this evening (and it will get worse) is a joke. 200 Vivid!!! a total con trick.

0 Kudos
scouseware
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

what happened on the review date 9th Nov (found on Google search for F002944277)?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-or-below-slow-internet-Prenton-Wirral/td-p/3206241

0 Kudos
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Currently on a whopping 2.15mb speed. Awaiting a reply from the CEO. Felt I had to go to the top because as nice as the staff are on here nothing is getting done. Drafting an email to OFCOM too.