Menu
Seblirium
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Poor speed, high ping, Stockport (SK3 - Area 20)

VIVID 200 package - Speeds over ethernet and WiFi, download <10Mbps, upload around 2-3Mbps.

I've checked the status page, and no network issues reported (other than the message about a Windows 10 update, which doesn't apply here as all clients, PC, Xbox, iPhone etc have the issue). Rebooted everything multiple times, run Virgin Media's own line tester (which says to wait 10 minutes, then reboot).

I do so and it goes back to slightly more normal speeds, but extremely fluctuating, for it to suddenly crash back down.

Are there issues in the area, or a brand new sudden case of over utilisation? Never had the issue before in the 3 years of living here.

0 Kudos
Cathal35
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor speed, high ping, Stockport (SK3 - Area 20)

Exactly the same issue here in area 26 and Virgin have been of no use whatsoever! Paying for a service I am not getting and am unable to contact anyone about it. Have rang Virgin twice today and sat in a queue for over 20 minutes each time with no answer, and there is no email adress I can contact. From looking at the forum this appears to a widespread issue and Virgin are doing nothing that we are aware of about it. Seriously considering contacting the Ombudsman about this, as well as paying for something I am not getting, I am also losing money on other services like Amazon Prime as the speed to too slow for streaming video, more money gone. Have raised a question on the forum and hoping someone from Virgin picks up soon or I will be cancelling my entire package, at the minute a carrier pigeon would be faster than my email. Disgusted!!!

0 Kudos
Seblirium
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Update: I checked at around 5am this morning, and it looked like it was back to 'normal', and again just now with this speed test result.

I won't count my lucky stars just yet until peak times have been and gone without incident, so I'll post a further update then.

0 Kudos
liddc
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue Area 20 - Manchester

It's fine in the morning before work (50Mbps on a 50Mbps service) but when I got home in the evenings it's down to 3-5Mbps.

Virgin have stated a review date of March 2017 on another post regarding area 20 peak time speed issues so it looks like it might be a long wait!

0 Kudos
WildmanUK80
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was told  that by the 14th Dec upgrades should be done, called them on the 15th Dec, first guy lied saying maybe it would take some time to show up. Called again 30 mins later and the girl told me that work had been pushed back and was now May 2017.

This is area 20 like yourself, Stretford, Manchester.

Seems they are selling packages the infrastructure cannot cope with and then coming up with random dates for when things will be sorted and then when you call back making up a new date.

My guess is it will not be fixed by May 2017 either and a new fictional date will be pulled out of a hat.

WildmanUK

0 Kudos
jocatz
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi WildmanUK80

I'm  in Urmston,  Manchester area 20. Are you under the fault ref F003279863?  If so could you post on the following  thread as we were also told in November  that the work would be completed by the 14th December and I was told last week the next review is due on May 17th 2017 :-

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/fault-type-F003279863-update-pls/m-p/3277798#M139287

When it come time for the  monthly request to get a reduction of BB costs knowing what other fellow F003279863'ers are being informed told helps.

I just wish they would admit that we have to wait for at least 6 months before they review the work needed and give a longer term reduction. This having to phone in every month to get a reduction is really adding insult to injury.

Jo.

7 lives left.
0 Kudos
WildmanUK80
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hmm theres another bit of information where its different, I was told they would just take the reduction each month which they didn't, I call up and they have applied 6 months of reduction now and said it would be taken off each month that they did not improve again.

They have never mentioned having to call up each month to get the reduction!

0 Kudos
Seblirium
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Another update: My connection seems to have restored its normal performance since my last update. I've tested the connection both on, and off, peak.

I hope you all manage to get your connections sorted; it's terrible that they have become so bad for you for longer than a brief period.

0 Kudos
liddc
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Mine seemed to be better last week tested again tonight however and I'm getting max 7Mbps down again.

0 Kudos