Menu
kmb786
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor speed for past year - This one for Support Team

I have been getting very poor speeds in the evenings since February 2016 and VM have been trying to sort this out by upgrading my area (BD9) - Previous fault ref F003972603 which I was told in Dec 2016 that the problem has been fixed.

However, I am still getting download speeds of around 20-30mbps (2G) and 40-50mbps (5G) - I am on the 120mbps package and paying the full price.

Therefore, can a support team member (as request in PM to me) have a look at my router results to see what the probem is.

Downstream.jpgUPstream.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor speed for past year - This one for Support Team

UPstream power is running a little high, will flag it for you.

What are your wired speeds like? Wireless is fairly useless for diagnosing if their is a problem or not.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor speed for past year - This one for Support Team

Hi kmb786, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that you're having issues with slow speeds, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I've run some checks on your connection and I noticed that both of your upstream power levels are too high. An engineer will need to attend in order to resolve this for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos