Menu
davidB99
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor service and lack of broadband - Breach of contract?

Please explain why Virgin have sold me 120m broadband speed for over 2 years even though this speed was/is not available in addition why following recent complaint over speeds Virgin told us that there is an issue in the area (Area 12) that would not be resolved until February at the earliest and when I look at my account details today Virgin tell me on line that there are no issues with broadband in my area

Following our complaint Virgin made a measly £25 compensation credit to my account as they could only credit since complaint and when questioned why we were told that we should of notified them earlier this despite still taking full payment for a broadband service they knowingly could not provide

We pay £170+ a month to Virgin and the treat us this way, they shall get no more from us it is time to go to Sky for less money and a "guaranteed" broadband speed, unfortunately sky can only provide a 40m speed at present as they tell me that the local fibre network cannot provide better speed - Funny this as this network is same that Virgin have miss sold me 120m

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor service and lack of broadband - Breach of contract?

Hello davidB99

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are affected by slow speeds. Just to be sure there is still a problem in your area F003921214 and the review date is currently showing 15 FEB 2017. 

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor service and lack of broadband - Breach of contract?

davidB99 wrote:

and the treat us this way, they shall get no more from us it is time to go to Sky for less money and a "guaranteed" broadband speed, unfortunately sky can only provide a 40m speed at present as they tell me that the local fibre network cannot provide better speed - Funny this as this network is same that Virgin have miss sold me 120m

Virgin use completely different lines to the 'BT' based fibre services (BT, Sky, TalkTalk, PlusNet etc). If you switch, you'll need a BT line installed if you don't already have one.

The technology is also very different. In general, speeds on Virgin are affected by the number of users in your area, whereas the BT based services are affected by the distance between you and the local cabinet, but not the number of users.

0 Kudos