Menu
Robertho
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Poor poor speed!

I've max. Speed 100 Mbs, but this is only in Virgin Media adverthising!!!!

In the first day, after the enginer instal my super hub etc, the speed was 70 Mbs.
And now is 20-30 Mbs, sometimes 10 Mbs!
I think this is not normal...to pay for 100 Mbs and to get only 20-30 Mbs!!!!!!
I still have 9 days when I can cancel my contract with Virgin Media and I'm thinking to do so!!!

Helpful Answers
Nawaz5
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor poor speed!

hehehehe  .......but I am not allowed to speak my mind here.  I will be thrown out of this forum if I do. so its your decision mate.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Robertho

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you're experiencing slow broadband speeds after installation.

When I checked your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running healthy and stable which is good.

Were the speed tests you completed through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if the speeds differ? 

Let me know how you get on
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Nawaz5
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hehehehe  .......but I am not allowed to speak my mind here.  I will be thrown out of this forum if I do. so its your decision mate.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Robertho

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you're experiencing slow broadband speeds after installation.

When I checked your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running healthy and stable which is good.

Were the speed tests you completed through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if the speeds differ? 

Let me know how you get on
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Jabba786
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Deja vu, I've got same problem, but what bugs me they refuse to accept they have problems...instead ..........its in our terms n conditions ....etc etc
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jabba786,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy I'm sorry to hear you're also suffering problems with your speeds.  

I've run some tests on the hub and network segment.  Everything looks good on the hub, though the network segment is showing some slightly elevated usage during peak times, however this isn't currently enough to be causing any serious problems with the speeds and there aren't any faults open for this.  

If you could let us know a bit more info about what sort of speeds you're getting, what times of day etc and how you're connected we should be able to help further.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Kayakingchris
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I too am getting poor speeds, On the 5th of Jan i was getting 104 mb, since then the best I have had is 38 mb, - very disappointing- what is going on?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kayakingchris,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an SNR issue in your area causing slow speed and intermittent connection - ref.(F004974171). Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible and have set a review date of 16th February.

Let me know if you get any trouble past the review date and I'll check it out for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TimR
Up to speed
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

"Our technicians are working to get this resolved as soon as possible and have set a review date of 16th February.",

Umm, what year, 2017, 2018, 2025 ?    just asking ..

Struggling VM BB [Over Utilisation Fault, Fix date 17th November 2135 ]
VM Telephone
Sky Q UHD Multiscreen
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kayakingchris,

Really sorry, the review date is 16th Feb 2017.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Shiznizzle
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Same here - lost service soon after 'upgrade'. We went from 70+ to up to 20. Any solutions yet?

0 Kudos