Menu
nickh
Superfast
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Poor performance 4pm onwards - St Albans

My Vivid 200 connection is absolutely fine from 6am through to late afternoon, at which point performance degrades dramatically.  Web browsing, download speeds and pings are all atrocious in the evening.

Is there another over-utilisation issue impacting where I am?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
nickh
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor performance 4pm onwards - St Albans

Well fault ref F004466969 which was impacting AL4 in St Albans finally looks as though it has been fixed.  

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi nickh

Thanks for posting on the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow speeds during the evenings.

When I checked your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004466969 and with a review date of 23rd November.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tams
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know, November is only a review date. So what happens now, is that come November, someone will open up a draw, pull out the file referring to this fault, take a look at it, check with planning to see whether the planners have started planning, then stamp it with another review date in January if you are lucky. And so it goes on.

At no time do VM make an actual provisional timetable to keep it customers aware of what is really going on. I appreciate that at the start of the fault, no ISP will ever be able to give a hard and fast decision, however, once the fault has been diagnosed, there is no reason why the ISP's cannot come up with a timetable of when, what and how the work will be done, and keep customer's up to speed if there are any changes in a timely manner.

Just wondering how long it is going to be before VM are taken to task, like BT was with Openreach last week. 

0 Kudos
nickh
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Samantha_L wrote:

Hi nickh

Thanks for posting on the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow speeds during the evenings.

When I checked your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004466969 and with a review date of 23rd November.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

Sam,

Not heard anything from your colleagues yet?

Nick

0 Kudos
nickh
Superfast
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well the over-utilisation issue has been getting worse month by month, to the point it's now virtually unusable post 5pm!

Next review date is June 2017, so looks like I'll be forced to find an alternative as £10 per month credit (on a bill of £115) doesn't help when the service is so poor.

And to make matters worse, on-demand, catch up and iPlayer via the TiVo fail most evenings too!

My Broadband Ping - March 2017 onwards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey there nickh,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear about the on-going fault in your area, I know this can be really irritating. I wish I had better news for you, but as you know this is out of our hands. We will be sorry to see you leave, please let us know if there's anything specific we can help with.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
nickh
Superfast
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Could I have an update on F004466969, last review date I was notified of was 07/06/2017.

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
nickh
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Well fault ref F004466969 which was impacting AL4 in St Albans finally looks as though it has been fixed.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi nickh,

Thanks for updating the thread!

I'm glad to hear that's been sorted out for you. I know how frustrating it can be!

Give us a shout if you need anything.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos