Menu
votewithmyfeet
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor internet speed

This is my first post i have been with virgin for 8years?  The last 6 months my internet is between 0.5mps and 1.5mb on an evening.  Looking at a couple of others posts this is about normal i am under contract til march (so virgin aint really bothered about what speed i am getting)  but when it is up i am leaving does anybody have a suggestion on what companies are good or do all say one speed but in reality get something nowhere near.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor internet speed

The rest of them all use the same network (openreach) so you should get the same speed on them all. Sky/BT/Zen/TalkTalk etc and more. Personally would go with BT due to them owning the lines so if there is an issue, they take responsibility rather than a blame game between say TalkTalk and BT blame each other for faults.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
votewithmyfeet
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor internet speed

Thank you for your reply that sounds like a good idea and sounds like i am just going to get a poor internet speed unless i move house.  I do think that virgin media are poor at customer service and good at selling i think the upto 50mps should in reality say nowhere near 50mps.  

0 Kudos