Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8 (176 Views)

Poor evening speeds after switching to Super Hub 3 (SE7)

Greetings,

Having switched over to Super Hub 3 we have been getting extremely slow internet speeds during the evenings. It gets to the point where watching online videos and streaming services are impossible.

Granted, we only have 20Mb internet (and we're still awaiting for our free 70MB upgrade) however it's a bit ridiculous we're getting download speed of less than 1Mbps.

This was tested using wired Ethernet and with Super Hub 3 in Modem mode, and it's been like this every evening without fail.

Having browsed through the forums, I'm guessing we're another victim in a high utilised area?

Any help into resolving this would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8 (142 Views)

Re: Poor evening speeds after switching to Super Hub 3 (SE7)

Hello MossyStone

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are experiencing slow peak time speeds and sorry to say you have guessed correctly as it does seem to be down to high area traffic. We are aware F003470470 and would like to carry out some work, the review date is currently showing 29 MAR 2017. Please accept our apologies.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
Joining in
Message 3 of 8 (129 Views)

Hello Nicola_C,

Thank you for the response to my question. It's sad to hear that I'm a victim of the speeds and I'm still experiencing those poor evening speeds. I'll wait until the review date, as it is a week-ish away, to see if what the conclusion and update of the situation is.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 8 (92 Views)

Any status updates with regards to F003470470 as the review date was showing as 29 MAR 2017.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8 (88 Views)

As with all dates VM give they mean nothing... it will be pushed forward many many times by many many months.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8 (65 Views)

Hi MossyStone,

The review date has been slightly amended with a new date provided for 28/06/2017.

Really sorry about this. But it simply means that the required pre-upgrade work has not yet reached completion. The progress of this work will be 'reviewed' on the afore-mentioned date. 

Apologies for the continued wait.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 8 (57 Views)

Many thanks for the response.

Disappointing to hear. Could you give me advice on how to claim compensation for this lost of service whilst this pre-upgrade work is incomplete.

I cannot wait another 3 months with such limited evening internet and still expected to pay full price for such service.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8 (46 Views)

Morning MossyStone,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In regards to the high peak time traffic fault in your area, I have sent you a private message, which you can find by clicking on the purple envelope icon, in the right corner.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos