Menu
Iank68
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor broadband speeds

Speed LOL

for the last month I have only Been getting between 0.5mbps to 5mbps download. Ping times between 70ms to 1037ms YES that's right 1037ms also packet loss. Phoned to report issue several times, still no fix. All they keep doing is resetting the router. Completely sick of it now.

also affecting on demand services, they do not work at all.

no one seems to care!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor broadband speeds

Hi Iank68,

Sorry to hear about this.

I'd like to help.

I've located your account and there does appear to be an issue in the area concerning a high demand for our service under the ticket reference F004834716, with a review set for 05/07/2017. With this, you might find that your Virgin Broadband, Virgin TV or TiVo® interactive services are a bit slow at certain times of the day.

In addition to this, there does appear to be SNR level issues present via the equipment levels.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to visit and investigate this.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this booked in.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Iank68
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I don't think so. Engineer already been out, said nothing they can do. Need to wait for the fix 10/05/2017, a week later after serveral complaints was told the fix has moved to 05/07/2017. You lot are having a laugh at paying customers expense. So cancelled all services and signing up with sky. This service is not except able and more people should be doing the same thing.

wow you gave me a discount of £10 for poor service. OMG what a joke

consistantly getting 1.5mb download, packet loss 500+ Ms ping times and no on demand service

your response " this will be at peak times"

I work for a living, I'm only at home at peak times. Oh yes and peak times last all night.

i'm paying for 200mbs not 5. I do hope people read this and follow suit, for Virgin seems to think moving fix dates 2 MONTHS at a time is except able, and receiving a discount (pathetic discount) makes everything all right.

Customer services are just fobbing people off. Why send a private message as if you can actually help, it's so its NOT posted for the world to see.

join Virgin for the fastest broadband. LOL you can get faster speeds on ADSL (copper wire)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello again lank68,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you've decided to leave us, I understand your reason, but we're still sorry to see you go. I really wish there was more we could have done to help but as you know these faults are beyond our control.

Please let us know if there's anything at all we can help with.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos