Menu
Adamwbaclarke
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Poor broadband speeds

Pay 100mb top package, getting constantly poor speed, especially at night, constant single figure readings at night.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor broadband speeds

Hi Adam,

Classic symptoms of an area suffering from over-utilisation I'm afraid.  Too many users chasing too little bandwidth in the evenings.  If you read the forum you'll see it is one of the most regular complaints and will continue to be so whilst VM keep signing up new customers to areas they know are already over-subscribed and don't have the infrastructure to support them all.     Smiley Sad

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Adamwbaclarke
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So.... What to do? Leave when contract finishes? Complain.... Again? Anyway of boosting it? So annoying.
0 Kudos
Adamwbaclarke
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh... But wait, they've sent me a little badge for my profile! All OK now😠😠
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not a lot you can do other than keep complaining and hope that VM get around to improving the infrastructure.  I live in North Surrey and for well over a year I have suffered from slow speeds in the evenings ... then suddenly a couple of weeks back my hub lost connection and when it came back again half an hour later I had a new WAN IP and my speeds were at max and have remained so ever since.  So VM do get around to making improvements sometimes but the customer has precious little control or input to the process.

Electron
Adamwbaclarke
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Really! Will try to cancel contract, any phone numbers you could pass on to complain please? Any tips when ringing them? And thanks.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Adamwbaclarke wrote:
Really! Will try to cancel contract, any phone numbers you could pass on to complain please? Any tips when ringing them? And thanks.

Avoid the offshore call centre numpties.  Try to contact the UK based Retentions Team on Monday during normal office hours ...  150 (free) from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 (standard rates) from any other phone and follow the prompts  1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.

Electron
Adamwbaclarke
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks
0 Kudos