Menu
CeriFalys
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor broadband service, big bill!

Our broadband service is very poor. It frequently drops out, making working from home very difficult. Imagine my amazement when I just received my monthly bill to see that I am being charged nearly £10 extra than last month, with no explanation of why. This is clearly unacceptable.

Has anyone else notice their bill go up recently without explanation?! I would very much like a member of the virgin team to look into this for me, if possible.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor broadband service, big bill!

the people here cannot do much on billing matters because of DPA - you are best ringing retentions

if you log into MyvirginMedia there should be an explanation - there has been a price increase last month and maybe a loyalty discount ended

whatever it is it looks like a chat with retentions is needed to hopefully get some reduction in the increase

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor broadband service, big bill!

Hi CeriFalys, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with your poor broadband service, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see that there's a number of time outs inside the Hubs logs. I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate this further for you. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos