Menu
leesyg
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Poor Speed in M41 area

Currently getting 47.15 Mbps when paying for 200 - no-one at Virgin support post 8pm. Terrible service

0 Kudos
susiecallaw
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Speed in M41 area

Called them today, apparently due to high utilisation in the area. ETA for resolution was 25th January which is poor. Also mentioned they had a call open for this issue since February last year. Call Virgin and request they credit you for the poor speed. They will only credit back 12 pounds a month.

We are seriously considering cancelling as we also pay for 200MB and get <30MB.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi leesyg,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy I'm so sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your speeds, I understand how frustrating this can be.

I've run some tests our end and the hub looks OK. The network segment does show some increased demand during peak times, although this hasn't been high enough to escalate to our engineers yet.

So we can be sure exactly what's happening, could you let me know if you're experiencing slow speeds only at peak times, or throughout the day as well? Are you using a wired or wireless connection? If wireless it'd be worth testing with a wired connection with the modem mode.

If the problems are only happening during peak times, let me know and I'll get this issue reported to our engineers for investigation.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
YozzerHughes
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I moved into the M41 area in July 2016 and I immediately noticed that I wasn't getting the speed I was paying for (200MB), nor indeed anything approaching it. I called Virgin and they said they'd scheduled a fix in January 2017 but until then they'd not charge me the full amount of the contract.

The speed is still terribly poor, such that it's the equivalent of being on the slowest Internet package. 

I too would like to know when this will be resolved.

Kev, your response that you could get engineers to look at it is at odds with what  I was told about there being a scheduled fix in January. Are you saying that there are no plans to improve Area 20 or have any kind of maintenance or repairs done?

Is any maintenance scheduled for Area 20? I can see from trawling the community boards that plenty of other people in the area have had exactly the same problem. In short, we're not getting what we're paying for. 

0 Kudos
ciaranj
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was also told that there was a 'fix' scheduled for the end of January (25th to be precise) but that has been and gone and my speeds still are 'terrible' in the evenings (currently getting 4Mbps on my Upto 100 package.)

To say it's not been bad enough to escalate to 'engineers' yet is surprising since I don't know of anyone in the area that is currently happy with their evening speeds :/

I guess I'll try and callback customer services next opportunity I get  :/

0 Kudos
eric777m
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If your in Urmston area 20, M41 manchester then the Virgin speeds are shocking with no fix.

Share Image

Glad I did not get the 200mb package

0 Kudos