Menu
Simonba
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor Broadband speeds

Hello,

Over the last couple of months I've had a lot of trouble with my Broadband speed. Most of the time it's 70Mb/s but at various times during the day it will drop down to 2Mb/s or less. If I reset the Super Hub then everything is fine. However, afer a while it will slow down again. At the moment I'm having to reset my hub 3 or 4 times a day.

Below is an example of the Network log from my Super Hub when the speed slows down.

Network Log

First Time

Last Time

Priority

Error Number

Description

11/00/2017 14:14:20 

11/00/2017 14:14:20 

Warning (5) 

MDD message timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 

I've tried calling the support phone lines but they just tell me everything is OK. Which is what they normally do.

Does anybody have any idea what may be causing this?

I'm just getting sick and tired of the quality of the service from Virginmedia. If it continues I will have to find someone else to supply my Broadband.

Regards

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Broadband speeds

Hi Simonba

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing a slow and intermittent connection for  some time now, we'll certainly look into this for you.

When checking your hub there are some problems with the upstream power levels that can cause some issues. We'll need to arrange an engineer visit to get these levels adjusted so I'll send you a PM and get this booked in.

Speak soon

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos