Menu
LukeCage77
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Poor Broadband Speeds - Area 20

Hi,

I'm a fairly new customer to Virgin and cancelled my Sky broadband (10 Mbps but stable) in the hope of a faster, more stable broadband. Unfortunately, this hasn't been the case so far and I am now wishing I hadn't cancelled my Sky contract.

I have the 50 Mbps package and have noticed recently that broadband performance in the evenings is awful. When I say awful I mean it's peaking around 3 mbps which is extremely frustrating when trying to stream any TV or even do anything internet related. At the weekends, in the mornings, I'm getting just over the 50 mbps but that quickly disappears and reverts back to the 3 Mbps in the afternoon / evenings.

I have called the support team quite a few times now and on all occasions I waited just over 15 minutes and then I was cut off!! I'm finding it virtually impossible to get any help whatsoever.

I am running a daily speedcheck with my iPhone and we currently have no laptops or computers running on the network.

Please can you let me know if there is a problem in the area and also how I would go about cancelling the contract early as I am unhappy and frustrated with the poor performance of the broadband offered.

And finally, yes I have followed all the steps online to help with my broadband performance and nothing seems to improve it.

0 Kudos
Numptynuts123
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Broadband Speeds - Area 20

Area 20 also,same problem. Not going to hijack your thread but search for Area 20 and you will see my posts. Second engineer calling tomorrow.
0 Kudos
LukeCage77
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Numptynuts, glad to hear an engineer is calling tomorrow

0 Kudos
LukeCage77
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to be a bit dumb but is area 20 a large area that they cover do you know? I'm a PO13 postcode and I just read some of the other threads that were saying they were in Liverpool??

0 Kudos
blazingmagnums
Dialled in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am in Prenton and Manchester is classed as Area 20. 2-5mb in the evening. It's beyond a joke 

0 Kudos
LukeCage77
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Please can someone from Virgin respond to my query?
0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin staff are taking 1-2 weeks to reply (From your last post. Bumping puts you to the back of the queue.) at the mo. About as quick as your broadband. Smiley Happy Try typing PO13 into the search bar at the top of this page. You may get some info about your area.

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos
alfredwellesly
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

well im in area 20 and down south in the kt23 postcode just outside leatherhead in surrey and I'm having all sorts of speed issues ...

0 Kudos
GB1987
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 PO13 mine is really slow also. Think the next review date is now March 2017.
0 Kudos
Alfie_G
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Pay for 200MB getting 2.5MB tonight! Area 20 PO6

2016-12-23.png

0 Kudos