Menu
GroundhogDay
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor BB speeds and Devices won't connect

We've been getting poor speeds for some time now. Husband has called a few times and it hasn't solved anything. In fact, when my husband demanded an engineer come out to look at the issue, we were told we could be billed for it!
Now additionally certain devices won't connect to the wifi. One day it could be my mobile, next day my husbands, another day the Amazon fire stick. It's bizarre!
Any help, advice or guidance. As my husband is at the point now he just wants to leave and try another provider
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor BB speeds and Devices won't connect

Hi GroundhogDay,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

I've managed to locate your account, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable with no errors.

Are you able to complete speed tests through a wired connection at different times of the day please so we can see what you achieve?

In regards to the wireless connection, does this happen on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network? You can try to change the wireless channel to improve the connection.

Let us know how you get on.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
GroundhogDay
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can try to do speed tests in the evening when I'm home from work, which is when I generally use the PC. So I will start making a log of that.

With regards to the wireless, yes it does happen on both the 2g and 5g and it makes no difference whatsoever. Occasionally, re-starting the router allows for that device to connect temporarily. But the following day, it would be the same problem again but a different device that isn't connecting.

What is causing this because it's ongoing and very frustrating?!?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello GroundhogDay,

Were you able to perform a speed test and also change the wireless channel with the link that Samantha_L provided?

If you're still experiencing problems please let us know.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos