Menu
Webduck
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor 70Mps Broadband Speed (samknows) results in Ashfield Area

Hi all
First post here with a bone to pick with VM

Been having a problem with poor download speeds in the evening, between approx 6pm and 10pm ( Witch I know is the peek period for traffic. ) .

Started getting really bad mid September 2016.

Contacted support January ran tests. Was told work in the area was ongoing should be good after 15th Jan so OK will wait to see.

Still the same after 15th so contacted support again ran test again. Was told there is a problem with the service in my area and would have to wait until the end of April before it was fixed. (not happy)

22 Feb service dropped to a new low 5Mps at best ( for 2 days )

Contacted support ran tests. Was told "you've contacted us before, having problems with your broadband ?" Yes. After 35 mins on the phone they arranged for an engineer to call and test my line but would have to wait a week and a half as none where available ( result of a kind ). Had a day of work, waited in ? No engineer. ( still not happy)

May end up switching.

Poor service and Poor customer service 0/10Smiley Sad

I,m a Samknows Broadband Panellist and have access to Broadband performance reading. Have a look to see how over subscribed the service is in the Ashfield area. With the report for the last 7 days.
virgin.jpg

A very disappointed customer.

Here's my current speed test results 9:10pm 
virgin 1.jpg

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor 70Mps Broadband Speed (samknows) results in Ashfield Area

Hey Webduck,

Thanks for joining the community, welcome!

I'm sorry that you've not joined under better circumstances Smiley Sad

I completely appreciate this fault is frustrating and I wish I had better news for you. I can see fault:  F004484278 is on-going with a review date as the 10th May. Although I can't quicken up this process, I can keep you informed so please bump this post on or after the review for an update.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor 70Mps Broadband Speed (samknows) results in Ashfield Area

Hey Webduck,

Thanks for joining the community, welcome!

I'm sorry that you've not joined under better circumstances Smiley Sad

I completely appreciate this fault is frustrating and I wish I had better news for you. I can see fault:  F004484278 is on-going with a review date as the 10th May. Although I can't quicken up this process, I can keep you informed so please bump this post on or after the review for an update.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out