Menu
Silent-2016
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Please can I have update on fault F003329150

It is now 13/7/2016 and this fault F003329150 is still with me no explanation as to when it is to be fixed, no one has had the curtesy to phone me and provide me an update, But today when I asked for my monthly £12 credit because of over utilisation they turned around and said I get a fee upgrade to 200mb hehehe I thought this was funny as considering I get 8mb download and 12mb upload, yes I get a faster upload than I get a download, and even after my invisible upgrade I am still getting 8mb when I am really paying for now 200mb that's a whopping 198mb short. Someone please get in touch and let me know what the hell is going on.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please can I have update on fault F003329150

Was your free upgrade the 'free upgrade' or did they just recontract you to the 200Mbs service (which could of been done at any time). If you got recontracted that would be another 12 month contract you are potentially locked into.

Forum team are currently taking around 3-4 days to reply to threads (not including Sunday) so your reply will likely be some point after the weekend, maybe late on Saturday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Silent-2016
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I hope not as I have not asked for a renew of contract and it was not mentioned.
How can I renew if I have constant issues lasting over x2 years. Checked my connection speed on my account and it still says 152mb and when I check my broadband upgrade it says end of Aug on there web site.
I don't see any point at all upgrading me until this utilisation issue is solved. What I would like to know is do they put new hardware in the street to get you on so called 200mb docs3? not meaning cable but switches bridges ect? in the street cab or the hub. As if so then this might fix the issue but not quite sure on how they would fix utilisation issues. does new kit need to be installed as the current does not have the capacity I am guessing. Its so annoying no one informs you, I would like to see the details report as to why it has took over 2 years and still not fixed. And complex does not wash with me, I pay for this service yet are not getting so after x2 years you would expect a senior manager to contact me.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If the upgrade is showing August then I would be VERY wary that they've signed you up to a new contract.

With what they do to give the free upgrade, while I'm not 100% i will make a guess:

They check to see if the CMTS / line cards would be able to handle the projected increase of bandwidth the upgrade.
If it couldn't they would see how much hardware they would need/when to upgrade the CMTS to the arris one they are upgrading to currently.
When they have parts they would see again if the parts would be enough for the bandwidth demand, if not order more (during the 2nd process any more people signed up / people upgrading to 200Mbs earlier via recontract would increase how many parts they would need)
When any hardware upgrades are done they would review it and allow the upgrade.

That's just what I'm guessing at least.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Silent-2016
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Posted a week ago and still no update from VM.

I phone you are I get the same answer its very technical. or and that over 15 times over 2 years.

It don't wash no more what the hell is your issue......with informing your clients of the truth for once.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Silent-2016,

Thanks for posting, apologies for the late response.

I've checked the progress of the fault ticket and I'd like to provide an update and look into the upgrade you mentioned. I'll send you a PM so it's easier for us to keep in touch. Please check your inbox (purple envelope, top right) for my message.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Silent-2016
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Boxing day and over utilisation issues still here and have been here for the past 2.5 years yes you read that correctly 2 years 5 months and again cant play xmas games online as the latency is too slow, This is wrong VM the rebate does not cover the speed at all. It is wrong on all counts saying you have cable in areas when in reality it is next to dial up in areas marked as cable.  How can VM justify that you have fitted broadband cable to an area and then class this as completed to get your allowance from the gov for areas you so called have provided broadband cable too when these areas have over utilisation from day one. This is clearly incorrect and the gov should know about what is going on here is this not fraud?

You still adding new users to my area knowing full well there is over utilisation issues this is also wrong

GET YOUR MAINTANANCE SITE MANAGERS TO DO SOMTHING IE: FIX THE ISSUES  PAY THEM TO DO THERE JOB AS CLEARLY THEY ARE NOT AND HAVE NOT FOR OVER 2.5 YEARS ON THIS ISSUE.

NewCapture.PNG

0 Kudos