Menu
jagz
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ping fluctuates, Internet goes down inconsistently

Hi Virgin community

I have been having a problem with my internet for the most part of 3 years. It has been somewhat capable but it's starting to affect a lot more. My internet randomly goes down even when plugged in with a ethernet cable and I'm supposed to be receiving over 100mb but still only receiving around 20. I always call Virgin to assist with this issue but it seems like theirs always an issue with my area when I call. I've come on here today to seek advice that possibly could help or detect my what is wrong with my internet connection.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping fluctuates, Internet goes down inconsistently

Hi jagz, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your connection. 

You mention that you have trouble even when the hub is connected via Ethernet. Looking at the connection things seem ok from this side. 

I would like to strip everything back to basics so we can try to figure this issue out, pop the hub into modem only mode with the computer in safe mode with networking.  Let us know if this makes a difference. 

Do you have the same trouble on all devices? 

It may help to see a BQM (please be aware website is external and we're not responsible for its contents). 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jagz
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma 

Thanks for getting in contact with me, I have tried the suggested troubleshooting steps and still having the same issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jagz,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In regards to completing a speed test whilst in modem mode, I was unable to find the IP address that would of been assigned when you used this mode. It is possible that you attempt this, however it may not of worked. If you can try this again for me please and run another speed test using the default server on speedtest.net.

Did you manage to create a BQM graph at all?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos