Menu
Steven_Haywood
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Peek Time Broadband Speeds S73

Hi there,

After a number of years of trouble free service, the broadband in the evenings has come to what can only be described as a 'crawl' (10mb as opposed to 70mb which I am currently paying for).

I have jumped through the usual hoops of asking for an engineer to come out and replacing the modem. Obviously I knew this would not work, as I can recall a previous occasion when I performed a similar dance.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are any utilisation issues in my area (S73)?

If so, is there a fault reference and a potential fix date (from reading existing threads, this appears to be a moving target)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
vickysboys
Joining in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Peek Time Broadband Speeds S73

Hi ours is even worse should be getting 200mbytes but am I getting

http://www.speedtest.net/result/6016925300.png

Its a absolute joke been like this for over a week now admin please sort it out.

Steven_Haywood wrote:

Hi there,

After a number of years of trouble free service, the broadband in the evenings has come to what can only be described as a 'crawl' (10mb as opposed to 70mb which I am currently paying for).

I have jumped through the usual hoops of asking for an engineer to come out and replacing the modem. Obviously I knew this would not work, as I can recall a previous occasion when I performed a similar dance.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there are any utilisation issues in my area (S73)?

If so, is there a fault reference and a potential fix date (from reading existing threads, this appears to be a moving target)

Thanks.

Steven_Haywood wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks.

0 Kudos
voyagerweb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here in S73 so i would say its a utilisation problem so would be good to know when its going to be fixed

0 Kudos
vickysboys
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Just been on phone with them they run all sorts
of tests and 40 mins later said you need a engineer I can't find any faults he said so engineer booked next Wednesday which was next appointment for our area he said they was really busy I'm not surprised really.
0 Kudos
sllimleinad
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem in S75 postcode. Had no problems for 3 years but over the last week I go from 160mps from 5am until 4pm and then it drops right off to between 2 and 4mps until early hours of the morning. I work all day and only use internet in the evening so this is a waste of my money. Rung helpline and tried all the usual stuff which didn't work so an engineer is coming out on Saturday. I am doing speed tests daily to build up a pattern for engineer to look at but to be honest am not holding out much hope. This is with both wired and wireless so can't see it being the router. Seriously looking at changing as it's not worth the £50 a month I am paying

0 Kudos
mobungo
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Same here BD2 : Paying for 70mb and can`t remember the last time i got what i`m paying for. Get to this time of evening and bit of Netflix & Chill no chance !

0 Kudos
Steven_Haywood
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Well I guess there is some comfort in the fact people are reporting the issue.

However I find it rather odd that Virgin Media continue with sending out replacement equipment and booking engineer visits when there is clearly else something wrong. As previously mentioned when this happened last time the issue persisted for a number of months.

On top of that I had to make a call each month to credit my account (please do not get me started).

If anyone finds anything else out please pop the information in this thread.

0 Kudos
Steven_Haywood
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have just done a quick speed test and I'm getting 70Mbps as expected. It's a shame there aren't any alternatives, maybe I have to lower my expectations and accept a slower but stable service (if such a thing exists).
0 Kudos
maxmarutti
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I propose to make a few tests -> off peak and -> peak time [ MODEM MODE ] , compare them later and get the average results. 

I got VIVID 150 [ up to 150mb/sec  ;-) ] but the average is download 37.24 mb/sec, upload 7.81 mb/sec and ping/latency is 60.44

@thinkbroadband
0 Kudos
voyagerweb
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I am on 86 out of 200 at 7:30am

0 Kudos