Menu
Jamie_K
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Peak time latency

Hi,

Every evening at around 8pm, until midnight, I am experiencing drops in speed and increased latency, which is particularly affecting my online gaming and video streaming.

Could this be down to an over-utilisation issue? Would somebody be able to check if there are currently any known faults in my area?

Thanks,

J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Peak time latency

Hi J,

Thanks for posting on the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during the evenings.

I've checked your connection and the downstream power levels are too high. For this I would like to book an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

Also there is high traffic during peak hours which I have raised to our network department. Once I have more information I will let you know.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi J,

I have an update in regards to the high peak time traffic fault.

The reference number is F004840155 and with a review date of 29th March 2017. I am sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jamie_K
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update, although March 2017 is quite some time away. Even then I understand that isn't even a guaranteed fix date. I am unsure wether I can put up with these problems for that long.

I guess I will look forward to a reply from your colleague but just out of curiousity, exactly what other information can I expect to receive on this issue?
0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You will get details of how to claim a credit on your bill due to the poor service. 

These utilisation faults last for a very long time (often over a year, sometimes even two years) so if an alternative fibre service is available (BT/Sky etc) switching would be highly recommended. 

0 Kudos
Jamie_K
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just an update. The engineer visited and adjusted the power levels to that which he deemed fine.

Since then the speed drops at peak times were not as severe and the service was mostly usable.

Right now however, it seems to be back to its old self. Extremely high latency, video streaming constantly buffering, web pages loading slow etc.

Would someone be able to double check again to make sure everything is definitely fine on my end?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jamie_K, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I'm sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side apart from fault ref F004840155 for slow speeds at peak times which we have already mentioned.  

What sort of times are you seeing the latency and buffering? 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

0 Kudos
Vdera
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Paying customers should not have to wait months, even years to get the service they're paying for.  This seems to be a common theme looking at these forums.  STOP over-subscribing your services, it's getting beyond a joke.  Also, a 10 day wait for a reply on here is unacceptable!

0 Kudos