Menu
ethereal
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Peak time drop in SE5

I expect a drop at peak times, but this is pretty poor, struggling to download anything worthwhile at 9:30 PM with a cable straight into the SH 3. Speed tests in the morning generally get around 150Mbps download so leads me to believe it's a utilisation issue, also upload is always consistent. Power levels/SNR are all well within range. Any ideas from the mods on if there's a fault here?

0 Kudos
ethereal
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Peak time drop in SE5

Around 1Mb again virtually all day today - I can't even..... Gave Virgin a call and managed to get a fault reference F004269602 affecting my area with a fix/review date some time in June. 

I'm still in my cooling off period after moving home so I've just put an order in for Zen Fibre as they will give me minimum of 50Mb (up to 76Mb). Since it will take nearly 3 weeks to get the phone line installed by Openreach, I want to keep Virgin hanging around as long as I possible before I cancel so I've at least got something. 

So can someone answer me this, how long is the cooling off period for Virgin exactly?

My contract states 14 working days i.e. not counting weekends, but elsewhere I've read 14 calendar days, and is it from the install date or from the order date like the paperwork states? Either way I know I'll be without Internet for a bit, but want to shorten that time as much as possible.

0 Kudos