Menu
Jack1221
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Paying for 200Mbps and getting <10Mbps

Hello,

I've been having a problem since March 2016 with slow internet speed. when i rang in march i got told they are upgrading servers and that the upgrade will be completed 11th May. 

I rang again today as i was only getting 4Mbps and was told there is a fault in the area, then i was told to hold the reset button on my router for 60 secs, while doing this i was put on hold without been told, i was on hold for half a hour before hanging up and trying again. when i spoke to the second person i was told the same, there is a fault in my area. i asked why this wasn't showing on virgins service status, she didn't know. She then told me that the systems had crashed and she cant do anything on her comp and she asked if she could ring me back in half hour, i said no and asked if she could put me through to someone else, she refused and said that everyone's system is down. I asked if i hung up and rang again would i get through to anyone, she said no. So i hung up and surprise surprise i got straight through to someone. The third man told me the same there is a fault, so i told him my friend who lives a few doors up from me is getting 100(also his connection is running of his neighbours feed, as his line needs replacing). He then tried to claim its because its in peak times(The convo took place at 22:30). He then said he will speak to his manager, i told him i want to speak to his manager(i was not very happy at this point). The manager(called victor) told me the same, there is a fault. I ask him why it doesn't show up on the service status and he told me this type of fault doesn't show on there, so i told him about my friend. Then he told me its because the servers in the area are been upgraded and wont be completed until 16th Nov. So its taking 8 months to upgrade? or am i been played here?

Any help is appreciated

heythere9000
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying for 200Mbps and getting <10Mbps

you are being played, get out whilst you can.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jack1221

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. 

From checking your connection, I can see the high peak time traffic fault in your area that you mentioned which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F003835038 and with a review date of 16th November.

As this is affecting cable lines and not post code area's, this will be the reason as to why it is not showing on the Service Status page. Also in regards to your neighbour they can be connected to a different cable to you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jack1221
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

can i get a update on this please. 

As i received a letter dated 12th Dec 2016 saying the fault will be fixed 30th August 2016.

11th Dec11th Dec14th Dec14th Dec15th Dec15th DecTonightTonight

0 Kudos
Jack1221
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Been on the phone to CS and got told the fix date is 28th Dec. I asked if this was a fixed date or a review date and he said fix date 100% so we will see what happens after that
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

its a review date its not a fixed date some says lies or go off what the manger said

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Jack1221
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

vm 28-12-16 21;51.PNG

day of the apparent fix and as i expected still rubbish. 

can i please get a update from anyone?!?!

0 Kudos
alalx
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They are not going to fix your problem, many others have been given the same type of fault code and their "review" dates have often been pushed forward for years with no resolution. Look elsewhere if you can.
I am in a Virgin Over Utilised Area - F003320128 - Ongoing faulty unreliable service from Virgin Media since July 2015
0 Kudos