Menu
dantastic79
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Pay for 70Mbps get under 10Mbps

Hi,

I pay for up to 70 Mbps but at peak times regularly get under 10Mbps causing streaming issues. I understand that peak times will be less as the service is "up to" 70 Mbps but I feel this falls way below the service level expected and renders the service useless for reliable streaming. Is this normal with virgin media and can anything be done?

All the usual suggested things have been tried (change channel, reboot router, use wired connection etc etc) and engineer has ensured correct power levels etc when they last visited. In addition a speed check first thing in the morning gives 70Mpbs so I don't think there is anything wrong setup wise.

I am locked in for another 10 months so I can't just leave but will definitely be switching  unless anything changes. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pay for 70Mbps get under 10Mbps

Classic case of over-utilisation  ... too many customers in your area, too little bandwidth to supply them.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Classic case of over-utilisation  ... too many customers in your area, too little bandwidth to supply them.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi dantastic79,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I'd like to check this out for you but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos